PDA

View Full Version : river sexy gets ugly

silkyslim
01-06-2006, 05:11 PM
villain is a TAG, i thought i had him reverse dominated on the river so i c/r, now he 3 bets!!!! set? flush?? do i pay him off? was this FPS that got me in trouble? thoughts on flop and stuff
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (7.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, ??

ncboiler
01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
You are getting 13.5:1 to call. It's a crying call but one I think you have to make.

silkyslim
01-06-2006, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are getting 13.5:1 to call. It's a crying call but one I think you have to make.

[/ QUOTE ]
obv called, was this a good river c/r?

Man of Means
01-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Your river checkraise may look like a desperation move, causing the TAG to 3-bet you with something like AK or AJ, possibly AQ, QQ, etc.

silkyslim
01-06-2006, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your river checkraise may look like a desperation move, causing the TAG to 3-bet you with something like AK or AJ, possibly AQ, QQ, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
which would be sweet. i guess i should have stopped the action at my raise

Nick C
01-06-2006, 05:31 PM
I guess I'd pay him off. There just aren't very many flushes he could have, and even if Villain would slowplay a flopped set all the way to the river, JJ/77/66 is only 5 combos total, and 66 (3 combos) doesn't seem especially likely because of the preflop raise.

Still, I suspect you lost. It's a bad sign when Villain is willing to 3-bet a river checkraise.

I think you got unlucky in this one.

lxdx
01-06-2006, 05:32 PM
I'd expect to see AK, KQ, maybe another KJ. If he hit a flush, the only hand that makes sense with the PFR is AQh. I guess a lot of people wouldn't raise that on the flop. Maybe some would play JJ this way, trying for an overcall on the turn. I can't imagine 6s, 7s, or Ks.

I think this is a great spot for a c/r, though. It looks like a card that could scare you, villain will bet any K and bluff with other hands. The flush hands available don't really jive with the way he played it; I think you usually get an extra bet from him this way.

And I can definitely see AK 3-betting here.

Nick C
01-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Flop: Leading into the PFR, hoping to get raised by a worse hand, is a hazardous thing, because when you actually get raised, your chances of being up against overcards just went down. Given that, I might go for a checkraise here instead.

Still, as top-pair hands go, yours is not all that strong, and you would like to protect if possible. Also, leading does at least insure that a bet is going in on the flop, if Villain is not necessarily going to auto-bet versus three players.

River: The river checkraise seems okay to me. At the same time, there is some chance, if you lead, that Villain will raise you with a hand you have reverse-dominated. If he did, I'd have trouble 3-betting and opening myself up to a cap, but if you got raised and called, well, that's the same number of bets that would go in if you had checkraised and got called instead. (And you are hoping your checkraise just gets called.)

The_Curtain
01-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I would pay it off. It is hard to put him on a hand. I would assume he would be raising AA-TT, AKs-AJs from the BB.

For how the hand played out he could have AA, AK, AQh, JJ, KK. I think he would raise JJ or KK before the river (KK even more so as he could of tried for an overcall on the turn with JJ and then raised the river).

I think he would be raising AJ on the flop (or turn).

Overplayed AK is possible or KJ split.

Now that I think about it, I think you are aren't beating very many hands, only AK really.

crablegs33
01-06-2006, 05:49 PM
i like the check raise here more than leading... although it opens you up to the three bet, i think value wise it is the best option in this situation as discussed below his hand range that has you beat is pretty narrow.

bobhalford
01-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Pretty scary 3-bet. BB looks like he might have a monster hand like a flush with AQ or AT or even a boat. His position in this hand prevents him from wanting to raise either the flop or turn because he may want overcalls, and is waiting for the river to raise. On the other hand, AK is a strong possibility, though you would not expect a river bet/3-bet with it when the flush card hits especially after you've shown aggression.

carniplant
01-06-2006, 06:06 PM
I Think I lead this river, i'd rather have 1-2 bets going in then 0-3 on this board.

k000k
01-06-2006, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a bad sign when Villain is willing to 3-bet a river checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking too.. Maybe he flopped a set and was going for overcalls on the flop. If he was looking to protect AA-QQ, he'd be raising the flop. It feels like a flush or a slow played set/boat. If he filled on the turn, he might be praying for you to hit your /images/graemlins/heart.gif or /images/graemlins/diamond.gif flush. There's almost no good /images/graemlins/heart.gifs left worth raising PF, AQ/AT and thats it.. Maybe he has AA and now has aces up and top kicker, but that's about the worst hand I'd expect to see..

I can't see 3-betting AK, esp. to a C/R.. Unless maybe he has been losing his overcard hands all night, to river K's up with TK might be a breath of fresh air for him and he's a little too frisky.. Meh, thats a longshot..

Lot more bad things that good things running thru my head, but I still call it,

pikkupossu
01-06-2006, 06:20 PM
i do not think this was a good spot to sexy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

so a TAG raises from the BB, thats kinda a wide range at times. After 4 limpers, I am thinking AK/TT+ maybe ATs+. And the only hand(s) you beat are QQ and AK, maybe TT?

this river was clearly a bet/call situation.

and sadly, I am calling this, and hoping, if not praying he has AK.

deleteduser
01-07-2006, 03:20 AM
please dont use sexy in the title of the post thats all