PDA

View Full Version : Party not allowing friend and me to play at same table

worm33
01-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Has anybody ever had this happen? I imagine they are not very leniant on lifting this. I dont know why they did this, we both play 20-40 and in the last month hes played 15k hands and i've played 20 and we have played about 600 of these with each other. I have logged in and played from his computer and he has logged in and played from mine, obviously no collusion of any sort. Is it even worth it to e-mail them and complain?

BeerMoney
01-06-2006, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have logged in and played from his computer and he has logged in and played from mine,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you can't play together.. I'm not sure if an email or call will take care of this.

Hornacek
01-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Even as much as your say you won't collude, there are those out there that will, making it impossible for two friends to ever play with each other. Poker, i mean.

JAA
01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey worm...

Unfortunately they will not lift it. I had the same thing happen to me. 1 of my friends played from my apartment one day (i wasnt even logged on), and since then we can't play on the same tables....I contacted party, and they said that it is their policy that any accounts that log in from the same ip address are flagged and cannot play together ever. I noted that I wasn't even logged on and in no way colluded or ever had, and they agreed that we were not suspected of collusion but that being friends with someone allows for the possibilty of collusion and they can't make a case-by-case decision and have to enforce the rule universally.

Annoying if you're not colluding, yes....But it makes sense I guess.

- Jags

Prelude008
01-06-2006, 05:00 PM
interaccount transfers will do this too.

FCBLComish
01-07-2006, 12:50 AM
I think this is a great idea by Party.

TimsterToo
01-07-2006, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a great idea by Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I agree it still irritates me every now and again, when I play friends I try to suck out on them etc etc. We just want to play much lower stakes then usual (well uhm much lower /images/graemlins/crazy.gif that would be technically impossibe on Party. Let's make it slightly lower stakes!) and play the way of the maniac.

But admittingly, massive collusion could bring down a site rather quick.

StepBangin
01-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Im sure table selection isnt a problem since you have played 20k hands and only 600 of those with him, whats the big deal about not being able to play with him now?

Reef
01-07-2006, 07:44 PM
I think party should allow friends to play at play money tables though (but not real $). Reasoning is I've gone over to my non real $ playing friends house and wanted to play against him. Also it's fun to play against friends when drunk.

HSB
01-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Do they let you play together at heads up tables?