PDA

View Full Version : AQo 3/6 - river question

jskills
01-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Table has gone short and most people left are aggro. I'm leaving soon. Villan in this hand appears to be pretty solid TAG, something like 20/12/2.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>

And when he 3-bet, it was an instant 3-bet. My planned show of strength didn't even phase him.

River: (10.5 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?

Again, another instant bet. I feel like I should be raising? If we raise, call a 3-bet?

Hank_Scorpio
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I would raise.

I am not going to fear a situation where there is exactly one hand that can beat me - especially when his play makes it seem more likely that he has KK than AK

Heaven
01-06-2006, 04:27 PM
I see KK and QQ here more than often so I am capping the river everytime here. And, there is one hand that beat us.

Elevens
01-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Raise the flop.

Call the 3-bet on the turn.

I'd probably just call the river.

EDIT: I somehow had KK beating us. I'd 3-bet the river.

SoCalPat
01-06-2006, 04:29 PM
While villian 3-bet preflop, I just can't put him on AK. Three of the aces are accounted for, and one of the kings is on the board.

It's possible, but even moreso are KK, QQ or a weaker ace. Of course we're raising here, and calling a reraise is academic. You're certainly not folding, and you have to guard against the slim chance he has AK.

WalkAmongUs
01-06-2006, 04:34 PM
am i weak in thinking that this turn card is awful and I'd hesitate to raise it?

i'd definitely raise the river.

jskills
01-06-2006, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It would be sad to have him fold right there or have him check / fold on the turn. Heads up, on a board like this, it's a good spot to smooth call and then raise the turn when he bets again.

Hank_Scorpio
01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It would be sad to have him fold right there or have him check / fold on the turn. Heads up, on a board like this, it's a good spot to smooth call and then raise the turn when he bets again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You honestly think that after he 3-bet preflop and led out on the flop, that your raise is going to knock him out?

I dunno - this move seems pretty weak to me too.

Nick C
01-06-2006, 05:20 PM
I think you're a favorite even after the turn action and river lead, but not a huge one. If Villain could only have the obvious hands (AK, KK, QQ), I think you should just call. But I think Villain's range is wider than that.

AK = 3 combos

KK = 3 combos
QQ = 1 combo

JT (16 combos) is possible too, but I think we should discount this considerably because of the preflop 3-bet. (Even versus a steal, JT is hardly a monster, although maybe Villain would 3-bet with it when suited.)

Pocket 2's is another 3 combos.

There is some chance, too, that Villain just has an ace, though I think the turn 3-bet reduces the chances of this quite a bit. Still, Ax is a lot of combos, so even if Villain just occasionally gets out of line with A9, that helps us out.

I would raise and call a 3-bet.

jskills
01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You honestly think that after he 3-bet preflop and led out on the flop, that your raise is going to knock him out?

I dunno - this move seems pretty weak to me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is certainly conceivable that he could check / fold the turn after getting raised on the flop. He could easily be putting me on a steal and be defending/3-betting preflop and leading the flop with a large range of hands that is crushed by top two pair.

How is getting extra money in the pot on a bigger street "weak"?

RyanCMU
01-06-2006, 05:27 PM
I raise this flop, call the turn, and raise the river.

Mr.K
01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise this flop, call the turn, and raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said, with the added proviso that I am autocalling any river 3-bet.

deleteduser
01-07-2006, 03:22 AM
this is a river question of course you raise!