PDA

View Full Version : How does Bonus hores rate a sites games?

Ken_AA
03-10-2006, 02:48 AM
Bonus whores states that the limit games on the Boss network are similar to those on the Prima sites? How do they get these numbers? In my experience Boss games are like play money with Prima seeming pretty tight.

Anyone know what goes into there formula?

Ken

SoftcoreRevolt
03-10-2006, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bonus whores states that the limit games on the Boss network are similar to those on the Prima sites? How do they get these numbers? In my experience Boss games are like play money with Prima seeming pretty tight.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell knows, but the Boss rankings have always struck me as hilarious since Boss has A quality games if any site does.

Niediam
03-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Not to be a jerk, but it seems you would get much better answers posting on the BW forums than here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken_AA
03-10-2006, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be a jerk, but it seems you would get much better answers posting on the BW forums than here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good idea. I'm not sure I'm motivated enough to set an account up to do it though.

Ken

Pokeraddict
03-10-2006, 03:23 AM
From each BW page that has these reviews

"Please note: Each limit is being compared to other games at that limit around the net. Just because a $20-$40 game gets a B (above average) and a $1-$2 game gets a D (below average) does not mean that the $20-$40 is a better game than the $1-$2. "

gonzo787
03-10-2006, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

The quality of games information on BW is based on lobby data that is collected during the American late afternoon and evening.

SkandarAkbar
03-12-2006, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's questionable. Have you tried asking a question? It is basically a open invitation to getting mocked by a bunch of meatheads about "look at the FAQ's noob!, or BW 101 noob, or there's a thread on this already noob" a real intelligent helpful bunch they are, better to read than to try and talk to.

I always assume... because at one point they stated all are based on Party Poker hand histories, so I always look more at the requirements for points rather than the chart because they are VERY hit and miss. Find out the requirements and do the math yourself, you'll be glad you did.

Lawman
03-12-2006, 10:38 AM
The clearance rates are based on PP hand histories and in my experience are overoptimistic at microlimits. This is because most sites are tighter than Party with smaller pots. The methodolgy therefore overestimates the number of hands which would have been raked at that site.

As far as difficulty is concerned, it is only a rough opinion based on data at a certain point in time (around December 05 currently). More importantly like almost everything else it is based on US peak times. Sites with smaller player bases tend to vary more off-peak. I too find Prima pretty tight (UK evenings) and can't seem to do better than 0.25-0.5BB/100 hands at 0.5/1 LFR. If it wasn't for all the juicy 5x signups I'd stick to Paradise and Party.