PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars initial deposit bonus

MicroBob
03-09-2006, 06:27 PM
not going to look through the 9-zillion threads on the reload to see if this was mentioned.

For those who don't have an account there yet,
on the top of 2+2 there is a banner that indicates an INITIAL deposit bonus at Stars.

This would appear to be something you could take advantage of IN ADDITION to the freeroll.

I haven't clicked the banner or anything to confirm all the details.

Has this already been mentioned?
Stars had never had an initial-deposit bonus before so I'm assuming this is a new thing (and perhaps exclusive to 2+2 players?)

NoamChomsky
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Some affiliates (not poker stars) offer chip sets or $50 bonus for signing up under them. I think this is what you are talking about.

grjr
03-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks Bob. I was just about to sign up with Pokerstars and was unaware of this.

Leobzook
03-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Where is this banner?

MicroBob
03-09-2006, 06:44 PM
i clicked the banner (after finding it again).

It is indeed via an affiliate.

It's an additional $50 for opening an account.
Total of $170 in bonus for opening account they say.

but upon clicking the link they are only offering $50 sign-up.
I think the 20% up to $120 that they are mentioning is not for initial-deposit...but it's just them putting in their banner that there is a relaod going on.

Sure looks like an initial-deposit bonus at first though.

Either they haven't updated their own website to reflect some initial-deposit bonus that they now have...or, more likely, it's just them incorporating the reload into their own $50 sign-up promotion.

groo
03-09-2006, 07:51 PM
This is from PokerStars.com, listed under News & Events.

[ QUOTE ]
It all starts now with a 20% deposit bonus. Make your next deposit before Monday, March 13 at 11:59pm ET and add up to $120 free! Click here for PokerStars Signup bonus and PokerStars Exisiting Player bonus details

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to say there is a sign up bonus and an existing player bonus, and provides links for both, but both links take you to the same place.

KathleenStand
03-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Yes the $120 is the reload; new players can get the reload. The $50 Microbob is talking about is from an affiliate not the site.

Layzie
03-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I can't find the banner.

jzpiano
03-09-2006, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i clicked the banner (after finding it again).

It is indeed via an affiliate.

It's an additional $50 for opening an account.
Total of $170 in bonus for opening account they say.

but upon clicking the link they are only offering $50 sign-up.
I think the 20% up to $120 that they are mentioning is not for initial-deposit...but it's just them putting in their banner that there is a relaod going on.

Sure looks like an initial-deposit bonus at first though.

Either they haven't updated their own website to reflect some initial-deposit bonus that they now have...or, more likely, it's just them incorporating the reload into their own $50 sign-up promotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

where is this banner?! is it pokersource?

BonusPros_com
03-09-2006, 11:30 PM
If you're gonna sign up, now is the time before the 13th and just get the $120. If there is another $50 offer, they probably wont even honor it during this kind of offer. Since PS doesnt generally offer an intial bonus some affiliate created one for the business. Since PS will give them about $75 for the referral, they must be happy with the $25, better than nothing.

Ken_AA
03-10-2006, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna sign up, now is the time before the 13th and just get the $120. If there is another $50 offer, they probably wont even honor it during this kind of offer. Since PS doesnt generally offer an intial bonus some affiliate created one for the business. Since PS will give them about $75 for the referral, they must be happy with the $25, better than nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout you include some extra bonuses to make up for all the spamming you'r busy doing?

I could use a extra 50 bucks when I sign up at Doyles Room.

Ken

gswarriorfan
03-10-2006, 02:50 AM
where can i find this bonus banner