PDA

View Full Version : $25,000 Online Poker Bloggers Tournament – Have a Blog? Click HERE!

Poker Source
03-09-2006, 05:47 PM
$25,000 Online Poker Bloggers Tournament

If you have a Blog then it’s time to get excited because Poker Source Online is hosting our first ever Bloggers freeroll on May 20th 2006 at Absolute Poker. The prize pool for this tournament is progressive up to $25,000 plus you have an opportunity to win Nevada Jacks poker chips. The best part is that this tournament is 100% free of charge! That’s right, there are no promotions to sign up for, you don’t have to have an Absolute Poker account via Poker Source Online, you don’t need to give us a credit card, there are no catches. You just need to sign up for the tournament via the link below on or before May 15th. Remember, the more people that play, the bigger the prize pool becomes, so after you sign up make sure you tell your friends!

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/blogger-freeroll.asp

JackOfSpeed
03-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Retail value of this tournament is $10. While I shouldn't complain about something free, a $10 freeroll that's likely to take several hours isn't worth the time it takes to sign up for this. Thanks for the heads up, though.

JackOfSpeed
03-11-2006, 08:12 PM
oops, didnt realize this was a sticky post from the spoonsors...feel free to delete

ImsaKidd
03-11-2006, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Retail value of this tournament is $10. While I shouldn't complain about something free, a $10 freeroll that's likely to take several hours isn't worth the time it takes to sign up for this. Thanks for the heads up, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the same as a $10 buy in tourney for free. If you're playing for a couple hours, you're making significantly more than $10. First place would be like 3-4k if it gets to $25k prizepool.

Poker Source
03-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Why would we delete your post? You are welcome to your opinion.

theRealMacoy
03-12-2006, 08:51 AM
cool approach on a forum that you control.

actually, i think this is a pretty smart promotion.

targetting blog writers will likely gain you much more true promotion value than pop-ups or website adds. ideally the blogwriters see the tourny as valuable and want to play---then you are money (so-to-speak).

cheers,
sean

ps.

now that i am finished i remembered that i actually have a pso related question:

i have 9000 points from a previous promotion. basically the only thing i want is a party gift certificate. the only value it is offered is 100 bucks for 10,000 points.

how can i possibly earn exactly 1000 more point---i am open to any sugguestion you might have (i heard posting pictures or something....)

dlk9s
03-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Macoy --

The easiest way to get a simple 1000 points is to refer one customer to PSO. For every promotion your referral completes, you can earn PSO points. The average award is 1000 points per promotion.

Ignignokt
03-13-2006, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
actually, i think this is a pretty smart promotion.

targetting blog writers will likely gain you much more true promotion value than pop-ups or website adds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stars did this not too long ago (they had prizes instead of cash - a WPT seat as first prize, iPod nanos, Xbox 360s, etc.). Very cool.

There were 1473 players there, which might be a bit of a reach for Absolute, even if PSO can lean on some of the most influential bloggers to get the word out. So we're probably optimistically looking at somewhere between a $10k-$15k prize pool.

People_Mover
03-13-2006, 02:56 PM
dang, I started my blog on 3/6 on myspace. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Burdzthewurd
04-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Do livejournals count as blogs or it has to be specifically a blog?

Poker Source
04-12-2006, 06:06 PM
A livejournal is fine.

o0mr_bill0o
04-21-2006, 04:24 PM
if only i hadn't started my blog about a week too late...