PDA

View Full Version : Are there people exclusively playing tourney/sit&go and building a BR?

imzadim
03-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Is it realistic to try and build a BR playing only these kind of games or it just won't be profitable in the long term?
I hear most people building a BR by playing limit and NL cash games, but what about tourneys?
What kind of BR would make sense for playing only sit&go/torneys (or just sit&go *or* tourneys?

Or should I stick to cash games and consider playing tourneys and sit&go a gamble?
Thanks!!!

imzadim
03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
oops wrong forum, I'll post this on the begginers forum...

betadecay
03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
got to the tournament forums. There are plenty of sitngo pro's . Some of the higher profile pro's are tourney players.

Guthrie
03-08-2006, 02:49 PM
I've made far more money in SnGs than ring games. You can also get more bang for your buck, providing, of course, that you know how to play them.

There are a large number of 2+2ers making a living off SnGs, some of them a very, very good living.

Spend some time in the STT forum.

I'd say that multi-table tourneys are a very bad way to build a BR, unless you win your first one.

On the whole subject of bankroll building, however, I've always been amazed by people who want to use one style of poker to build a bankroll, then switch to another. If you can make money faster, easier, less variance, whatever, at one style than any other, then why would you want to switch after hitting X dollars?

Find the game you're good at and build your BR there, starting at whatever level you can afford to play.

BigPoppa
03-08-2006, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've always been amazed by people who want to use one style of poker to build a bankroll, then switch to another.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of people who build a bankroll with SNGs or cash games, and then use it to take a shot at the really big payday MTTs.

It's the equivalent of using your day job to fund your career as a musician. You do one thing to keep the bills paid, but think another might be your shot at the big time.