PDA

View Full Version : 2nl - Should I be looking for extra value out of 2nd pair or checking

sean457j
11-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Villain is around 80/60 and is sometimes just going crazy post flop. I wouldn't normally play this hand to a raise OOP, but villain is too aggro with air to pass this up. Should I always be betting on the river here, or is it fine to check?

Seat 2: Big Blind ($5.02 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG ($1.10 in chips)
Seat 4: CO ($1.79 in chips)
Seat 5: Villain ($1.65 in chips)
Seat 6: Hero ($5.17 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind $0.01
Big Blind: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
UTG: folds
CO: folds
Villain: raises $0.08 to $0.10
Hero: calls $0.09
Big Blind: folds
*** FLOP *** [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Hero: bets $0.14
Villain: calls $0.14
*** TURN *** [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] [4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Hero: bets $0.35
Villain: calls $0.35
*** RIVER *** [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif] [8 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Hero: ?

wingchunflush
11-30-2007, 06:55 PM
If he is so aggro with air why are you leading every street?

sean457j
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is so aggro with air why are you leading every street?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Because: it is a pretty drawy board [villain has big range], I don't want to check/call an allin on the flop [villain pushes pretty often, but won't reraise without a real hand] and also I want to try to get value out of my hand the times he calls me down with a worse hand.

When I said he was sometimes aggro with air, this is an assumption based on the amount of hands he has been shoving on the flop. Sometimes he minbets, sometimes he checks.