View Full Version : Fourth street situation

lstream
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
What does everyone do here? I had one earlier vote from an esteemed poster - he said fold.

7 Card Stud High ($15/$30), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.13 SB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___double bets___??
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises

Jeffage
03-08-2006, 10:43 AM
I think the much bigger question is why in the hell didn't you complete on 3rd street initially?

Jeff

MRBAA
03-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, there is $12 when it comes back to you for $3 more. So you're getting 4-1 on your money, hoping to catch a spade. I don't fold here, myself, with spades totally live. If you hit a spade or pair on fourth, you continue. If you miss,you're done. Hitting the Ace is unexpected, opponent either has two pair, trip 9s or a K/Q/J kicker. I call his raise and plan on seeing the river.

The Worm
03-08-2006, 06:05 PM
I could never fold here with the spades completely live. Why no raise on 3rd?

beta1607
03-08-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't think I could possibly fold this on 4th. You have to peel at least one more and reevaluate. And as others have alluded to why didn't you complete 3rd?

frappeboy
03-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Well from what I can see, either he has trip 9s, aces up, or is really overplaying 1 pair of aces here. Against the aces you are a small favorite but against others you are drawing close to dead. I say fold.

reikimystic
03-09-2006, 05:03 AM
Well key as always is knowing your opponent, but otherwise I agree that you need to at least take one more card off before the bet size doubles. Yes he could have trip nines, BUT this is much less likely statistically than Aces or Aces up and he raised on 3rd with an A showing. My guess is either A99A or he's playing bully thinking he has a bigger kicker but beings you have a nice kicker on 4th showing aces up is the most likely hand deductively; or if he's a sneaky player that mixes it up he could have raised with something like 77A, etc. on 3rd, and then is popping you on 4th looking to buy a free card on 5th. So let's say hypothetically you put him on A9A9 most likely; well at the very least you need to see 5th to possibly pair up better aces up or who knows, maybe he doesn't have the CASE ACE and it pops out on 5th. Considering all of the factors,unless you absolutely know ur opp. to be a supertight rock only aggressive when holding serious strength, do a little probing. You might even repop 4th with AA showing just for info and if he then capped the betting be a lot more wary about trips, etc..

BeerMoney
03-09-2006, 10:18 AM
The bet size already is doubled.