PDA

View Full Version : Interesting spot with TT on button

The Reese
11-29-2007, 01:05 PM
This is a hand that I played last week that I found very interesting. I don't have the HH saved on this CPU so I will recreate it the best that I can. I have only played a dozen or so hands with the villain so no reads.

Full Tilt .25/.50

Hero (BTN) $50
SB $55
BB $39

Pre Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
3 folds, Hero raises to $2, SB call, BB calls

Flop: ($6.00) 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB check, Hero bets $3, SB calls, BB folds

Turn: ($12.00) 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB raises to $20, Hero calls

River: ($52) 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets $30 and is all-in, Hero....

Ivar
11-29-2007, 01:36 PM
You should bet bigger on that flop vs two villains, I bet at least $4,50.

As played I fold the river, cause what do we beat what villain could have, A9? I don't think so.
Imo his range are Straights, Flushes, Two pairs?

Aceium
11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
You didn't really ask a question in your post, so I'm guessing that you're not sure whether you should call here or not.

This river completes every draw out there. I agree with Ivar in that his range is pretty much limited to two pair, flush, but most likely a straight. His little minraise on the turn indicated that he likes his hand all of a sudden. A lot of times I interpret a minraise as "I like my hand so I want to raise, but I don't want to lose anyone."

Julio Dalehurst
11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Bet more on flop, other than that played fine, without reads, now fold.

hockeyf
11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Fold turn, terrible implied odds and probably not even pot odds to chase one card straights. Its way to likely you are behind now.

vieira10
11-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Fold the turn. Your tens are probably no good. Your drawing to 8 outs (2 of which may beat you), so i dont think your pot odds are good enough. Even if you do make a straight, your never getting anymore money from the villain. As played, its an easy fold on the river.

The Reese
11-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I folded the river (pretty easy) and when I went back to look at the hand history I was trying to come up with a reason for calling the min raise turn and what my plan was going to be on the river against his range. The problem was I had no plan when I called and I think it was more of a "I have played the hand bad so far and I have an over pair so I have to call."

I agree with the fold the turn and I appreciate the help.

The Reese