PDA

View Full Version : NL10 Set on Monotone Flop

TreeFarm
11-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com (http://www.leggopoker.com) - Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

MP: $10.85
CO: $8.15
Hero (BTN): $12.05
SB: $6.10
BB: $7.70
UTG: $6.15

Pre-Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.60</font>, Hero calls $0.60, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.55) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.80</font>, Hero calls $0.80, <font color="red">UTG raises to $5.55 and is All-In</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.75

CO was 24/17 over 94 hands, his big preflop bet screamed big pair to me. UTG was 66/6 over 33 hands.

Honestly I was lost on this flop, the call/call on flop probably terrible but the tiny bet had me baffled. I called cause I wanted to see what UTG and MP did and how CO reacted, with the UTG push it put enough in pot to draw for a boat regardless of what MP or CO does is this correct thinking? Next time around do I push this or how differently should I play this, really confused on this spot.

slush420
11-27-2007, 04:55 AM
raise flop to $3 and call a flop push. This hand is so easy to play it's not even funny. Expect ppl to show up with 44 here and Ad8 or some other random draw + pair as well. Also villain could have 66 with 6 of diamonds or something like that. As played still slightly a call even though I would rather be building the pot equity myself.

youngmachetes
11-27-2007, 05:00 AM
pf raise is standard; 4x+2bbs. raise/call flop from anywhere, trust me. people show up as light as random top pairs on these boards (although i doubt that's the case in this spot given action).

Lego05
11-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Raise CO's bet. Shove after UTG's raise.

TreeFarm
11-27-2007, 05:12 AM
If I raise rather that pushI figure I have to raise this flop to 3-4 which if anyone calls commits me to pot, wouldnt I be better of letting someone push with a worse hand and call, or push after the CO bet to try and fold out any draws and if I get called by a draw then oh well? I didnt really think any raise was good except a push. When I first called it was to see how the other reacted, but after the utg push I realized I the pot size bascially made me feel I HAD to call, I was either ahead or still drawing to outs.

Is raising really the best way to go here over a push? I realize the call probably is bad as its letting anyone draw for cheap that wants to, but still not certain on raising/committing versus a push.

TheSalche
11-27-2007, 06:18 AM
As played the call of UTGs shove is good. UTG could have a flush and we want CO to keep putting money into the pot so we have odds to chase our boat. I'd raise the first time around on the flop though.