PDA

View Full Version : Top set into maniac halfy

OSUGreg1983
11-23-2007, 02:53 AM
Villain is 81/44 20 hands. I've been playing a solid 22/19. No clashes with villain. Suggested line...Relentless betting or trap worthy?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com (http://www.leggopoker.com) - Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

UTG: $6.55
MP: $6
CO: $10.80
Hero (BTN): $13.75
SB: $11.20
BB: $6.35

MP posts $0.10
Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, MP checks, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, SB calls $0.45, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.90</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2.10

Flop: ($6.60) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero

Lego05
11-23-2007, 02:55 AM
I'll check once here.

Bavarian
11-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Villian only has a 1/2 pot sized bet left behind. No need to get fancy here imo, this villian looks like he will call off the rest of his stack on the flop.

waldo027
11-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Just put it in. If he folds, oh well, you already took half of his "stack."

OSUGreg1983
11-23-2007, 03:11 AM
Villain has a history of 3-betting small pockets and suited connectors. If he missed horribly I don't see a call from him here, however I think there's a high chance of him spewing a bluff.

OSUGreg1983
11-23-2007, 03:22 AM
Here's how it went down to the turn. Now it gets kinda interesting cause it appears he's left himself an amount to fold with this donkbet if I shove. I know its very un-2+2 like to just call here, but its one of a few spots where i consider to c/c it down and get it in on the river if he hasn't already done it for me. I'll reiterate that I dont consider this line often. Anyone see my reasoning, or this is a "never trap ever" crowd?

He's got $2.25 left after the donkbet.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com (http://www.leggopoker.com) - Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

UTG: $6.55
MP: $6
CO: $10.80
Hero (BTN): $13.75
SB: $11.20
BB: $6.35

MP posts $0.10
Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, MP checks, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, SB calls $0.45, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.90</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2.10

Flop: ($6.60) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.60) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.10</font>, Hero

finalboarder
11-23-2007, 03:58 AM
As played on the turn I would try to put him all-in. I could hardly see anyone putting in 2/3 of their stack in a pot just to fold to resistance. And exactly what you don't want is for him to get some miracle draw to take the pot.

OSUGreg1983
11-23-2007, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As played on the turn I would try to put him all-in. I could hardly see anyone putting in 2/3 of their stack in a pot just to fold to resistance. And exactly what you don't want is for him to get some miracle draw to take the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Devil's Advocate if I may.

Since you're suggesting he's not folding if I shove the turn on him, then he's going to hit that mirracle card whether or not I raise here. See my point?

Doesn't really matter how I play it from this point IF he does what you suggest and doesn't fold to resistence with over 2/3 his stack committed.

So the question remains if slow playing here is a viable option. Even though you didn't say it, you're suggesting that it doesn't matter how I play it since he's not folding with this much invested.

Lego05
11-23-2007, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Devil's Advocate if I may.

Since you're suggesting he's not folding if I shove the turn on him, then he's going to hit that mirracle card whether or not I raise here. See my point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but if he's got a flush or straight draw or some sort of draw he will call a shove on the turn 100%. He won't bluff the river 100% when he misses.

I probably check the flop also but now I shove on the turn.