PDA

View Full Version : Whats the plan on the turn? 25nl

senorquinn
11-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Villain is a super donk running 70/13 over 55 hands. How good is the 2 pair here? Should we C/C or bet and fold to a raise or is there a better plan here?

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $42.65
Button: $66.15
SB: $45.90
HERO: $25.85

Pre-flop: (4 players) HERO is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $2</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.75, 2 players)
HERO ??

iheartponeez
11-23-2007, 02:58 AM
OOP I usually check-call, then maybe call a small river bet (maybe).

IP I bet/fold the turn, and check behind on the river (or fold if he doesn't check to me).

His super-donkness makes Qx more likely on one hand. Have you seen if he's competent post-flop or not (I've run into a few very smart, very profitable regulars who run like 75/5, but really know their way around post-flop.)

Aceium
11-23-2007, 03:16 AM
I would probably check here on the turn. What is villan's AF? If it's high he's going to be more likely to bet if you check on a scare card like this. If villan bets with a pretty low AF then I'm more likely to fold, but if he's a more aggressive villan then I want to see a showdown - but that depends on how cheap he makes it and what price he lays you to bet that he doens't have a Q or better.

senorquinn
11-23-2007, 03:31 AM
villains flop aggression is .40 but this is only over 50 hands. However with such small sample that doesnt mean much but I find that villains with those preflop stats are more likely to be straight up station s who let you know when they have a hand. This is how the rest unfolded.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $42.65
Button: $66.15
SB: $45.90
HERO: $25.85

Pre-flop: (4 players) HERO is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $2</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.75, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $5</font>, HERO calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($16.75, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $9</font>, HERO??

udbrky
11-23-2007, 03:47 AM
I'd probably call getting darn near 3:1. You only have to win 1/4 of the time roughly for this to be profitable. He could have AT, A8, Ax. He probably has a Q, but for that big of a pot, I'd call. Defininitely not raising this.

When you called on the turn, what was your plan for the river? In these situations, I like to think about what size river bet I'm calling when I'm deciding to call the turn. If not, don't call the turn, just fold and save the money. You're just throwing it away without a plan.

bazza22
11-23-2007, 05:14 AM
I fold possibly on the turn, definately on the river. The turn card really didnt help you, even though you hit two pair with it!

This donk is likely to hold a Q here and even if he has air or lesser 2 pair etc. someone with his stats is going to pay you off in a lot more easier spots than this one.

Burcak
11-23-2007, 05:59 AM
I bet more on the flop.

I bet turn strong and fold, or fold to a reasonably sized river bet.

The moment you check the turn and don't raise, you tell him you have no queen. I think you have to call down once you do that.

Nemesis69
11-23-2007, 09:18 AM
I bet something more than half pot, fold to a raise.

Profish2285
11-23-2007, 09:20 AM
My line is b/f the turn. He looks pretty passive so he can call down with a decent number of hands because thats what loose passive players do. If he raises I go away.