PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - OESD + FD at turn, vs push - getting good odds

zillian_donk
11-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $28.99
CO: $25
Button: $2.66
SB: $8.64
Hero: $32.74

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.00, 5 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $5 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $15.00)</font>.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($20.0, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $22.99</font>, CO folds, Hero ????? <font color="aaaaaa">(pot is $42.99)</font>.

Villain is a solid, tag player. I think the pf call is fine with all these callers and good pot odds.

At flop, I'm not sure about my play here, With all this agression, I thought maybe for a check-raise, but with a POT BET and a call, I was getting great odds to draw, although oop. I also thought about b3b all in here, what do you think about this line? Over agroo? So, I checked, he bet pot, one caller, I called. Is that wrong? As played, should I have pushed? Folded?

Turn card was very good to me, giving me besides my OESD, a FD, so I check (weak?). He pushes, one fold, back to me.

I was getting 1.87-1 on my call, almost 1.9-1, meaning I 'd have to win around 35% to be even, and I was pretty sure I had 14-15 outs.

As played, I put villain on TT+. Calcuating this on Hold'em Ranger, I'd have an equity of 32%, if, indeed, he had this range.

So, obviously I'm losing here, since I've only got a draw (big one). As played, do I call? pretty sure he's got Kings or Aces. I've got 14 or 15 outs if either the K or the A isn't diamonds.

What's the play here? Please feel free to comment all streets as well.

Puzzled,
Zillian donk /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lego05
11-23-2007, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker

I was getting 1.87-1 on my call, almost 1.9-1, meaning I 'd have to win around 35% to be even, and I was pretty sure I had 14-15 outs.

As played, I put villain on TT+. Calcuating this on Hold'em Ranger, I'd have an equity of 32%, if, indeed, he had this range.

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered it. You have to win about 35% of the time. You only hit one of your 15 outs 32.6% of the time.

mickeyzee
11-23-2007, 02:34 AM
With 3-1, good relative and absolute position, I think the flop call is fine.
Turn theres not really anything you can do but fold.

zillian_donk
11-23-2007, 02:44 AM
What about open pushing turn? Althought I don't think at NL 25 someone is laying down KK or AA here.