PDA

View Full Version : $50NL- Flush draw and pair on turn standard?

slimon
11-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LeggoPoker.com (http://www.leggopoker.com) - Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

BB: $73.75
Hero (BTN): $55.40
SB: $56.50

Pre-Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($4) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, SB calls $5

Turn: ($19) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $47.25 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $32.15 and is All-In

River: ($111.30) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Villian is 23/9 over 166 hands. Standard raise on flop right? If I didn't hit a pair on turn would you just check it or bet it? All this is standard?

Daniel LeClaire
11-21-2007, 10:51 PM
In a vacuum this seems fine. When playing 3 handed reads and table dynamics are more important. So it becomes harder to give a good answer, IMO.

Maybe results oriented but, I might check the turn here just because I'm not sure what he's calling with on the flop that he's going to fold on this turn. However, I don't think you can ever be faulted for getting it in with a pair + FD against an unknown.

slimon
11-21-2007, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a vacuum this seems fine. When playing 3 handed reads and table dynamics are more important. So it becomes harder to give a good answer, IMO.

Maybe results oriented but, I might check the turn here just because I'm not sure what he's calling with on the flop that he's going to fold on this turn. However, I don't think you can ever be faulted for getting it in with a pair + FD against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know when to check the turn or bet it when you have a FD and a pair? Is it based on reads?

Daniel LeClaire
11-22-2007, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you know when to check the turn or bet it when you have a FD and a pair? Is it based on reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it depends on villain. If I know they call flop light but fold the turn a lot I will fire again. If a scare card hits I might fire again. Against most unknowns you probably aren't getting a fold here after they call your flop raise.