PDA

View Full Version : 50NL donk bet in 3-bet pot

creamfillin
11-21-2007, 10:25 AM
vs. unknown

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars (http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-PokerStars.php#converter) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($51.60)
Hero ($48)
Button ($18.20)
SB ($18.30)
BB ($81.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($12.75) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?

Profish2285
11-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Im folding. I HATE folding because of that stupid little bet, but this is a 3 bet pot and something tells me this guy has a pocket pair from that move. Its either a set or some mid pair and I dont think hes folding to a flop raise. I used to just call that bet alot and see what happens on the turn but that hasnt had much success for me. I am pretty much expecting villain to make a psb on the turn once we flat his flop donk.

traz
11-21-2007, 11:24 AM
lol you can peel given his betsize

jasonfish11
11-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I dont play 50NL so take this with a grain (pound) of salt.

I notice this being a blocking bet many times. I see villian having A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif here very often. I have been raising this to $10-$12 and folding to any more resistance. Most of the time villian has been folding to my raise.

creamfillin
11-21-2007, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I notice this being a blocking bet many times. I see villian having A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif here very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had AdJd he should 3-bet me all in.

I assumed it was some kind of feeler bet with TT/JJ or something but no one is probably "feeling" with overpairs at this level and are looking to stack off. I think a call is probably the best option. I wouldn't mind folding but we're getting like 6:1 and that's not a bad deal with AK high.

Profish2285
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
You can peel with those odds but the problem is if your 6 outs are clean or not.

Julio Dalehurst
11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
In my experience at 50nl, this is usually a monster (set, overs and flush draw, etc.) rather than a blocking bet, its almost as if hes giving you odds to call. Without reads, I'm folding. Raising is alright but I don't like calling as I wouldn't feel overly comfortable with additional pressure on later streets even if I hit an A or K.

Magneto
11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Folding here is usually the best move, although its always awful folding AK with a 3-bet missing the flop. because alot of the time they could be holding AQ, AJ. I dont like the idea of raising, as you are only going to get called or re raised with something better.

intheflatfield
11-21-2007, 01:10 PM
I think monster is def. poss. However, if he had 88 or 77, I would think he would be cking to the pf raiser and then ck raise or float the flop. And if he does have over pair, why bet so little, giving u prop odds to call unless he has pocket overpair / big ace w/ FD

My best guess is that he is trying to set the price on his draw plus overpair or big Ace w/ diamond draw. If you flat call here, I think you are letting him draw on the cheap here. Call not an option here for me R&gt;Fold

nutstoyou
11-21-2007, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think monster is def. poss. However, if he had 88 or 77, I would think he would be cking to the pf raiser and then ck raise or float the flop. And if he does have over pair, why bet so little, giving u prop odds to call unless he has pocket overpair / big ace w/ FD

My best guess is that he is trying to set the price on his draw plus overpair or big Ace w/ diamond draw. If you flat call here, I think you are letting him draw on the cheap here. Call not an option here for me R&gt;Fold

[/ QUOTE ]

hockeyf
11-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Raise if called shut down unimproved.

burns-1986
11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise if called shut down unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]