PDA

View Full Version : wha wha wha 99

silkyslim
01-06-2006, 06:06 AM
turn cold caller is a TAG. villain is unknown. all streets are kinda meh. turn c/r=spew?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (17 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks,

C-Dog
01-06-2006, 06:11 AM
I would not raise this PF in the BB, as I dont think it accomplishes anything, I understand that you have some sort of equity edge there though.

That said once you get raise on this virtually drawless board, that contains the mother of all limper cards, you are beat, and you can be sure of it.

Then when you CR the turn, you are just wasting money, call for your gutshot, and be done with it.

Checking the river is good though.

People will probably disagree with me, but I think that is why this is a forum.

C-Dog

01-06-2006, 06:56 AM
PF is good.

But i don't like the flop bet. Here is why:

1) You are not likely to have the best hand here 7-handed

2) If you do have the best hand, noone will raise, so your opponents are getting 1:15 and up which means everyone will call. So a flop bet is not protecting your hand even if you would be ahead.

3) A flop bet is not for value since your hand will almost never hold up unimproved 7-handed.

4) If you are behind it may get raised and then you have to pay another bet for your draw.

So i think the bet doesn't accomplish anything.

And if we doesn't bet, should we check/call or check/raise a late position bet?

A check/raise is only good here if one of the following are true:

1) Your hand is best at the moment AND people will fold their overcards or middle pair etc for the double bet. That both these are true, are not likely because of the pot size.

2) Your checkraise can fold a T. This is not likely since the T's will have the odds to draw for 2-pair.

So even if the guy to our right bets, i think we should just call and hope for the set or the backdoor straight.

As passive as it may sound, i think you should just check/call the flop.

As for the turn, i don't think the raise is good. The only thing it could accomplish is to fold a 7, cleaning up your 9-outs. But you will only hit the 9 4% of the time, and the 7 will probably not fold since it is likely to have a paired kicker - an 8 for example.

There is no other out to clean up, since the 7's are likely clean (except for the club of course).

And it's clearly not for value, since at least MP3 is almost always ahead of you here.

So nah, just call here aswell.

mack848
01-06-2006, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would not raise this PF in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to raise this. You will be getting 12:1 and are 8.5:1 (I think)to hit your set.

TStoneMBD
01-06-2006, 08:19 AM
you have to 3bet the flop. keep betting until he raises.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-06-2006, 08:19 AM
this is not a good turn line.

Nick C
01-06-2006, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would not raise this PF in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to raise this. You will be getting 12:1 and are 8.5:1 (I think)to hit your set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with the preflop raise, but this is not the right way to think about it.

Think in terms of equity. Or, if you're playing for a set, think in terms of how you're getting good odds on the additional bet you're putting in (this idea does not apply here, so much).

Nick C
01-06-2006, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you have to 3bet the flop. keep betting until he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, unfortunate though it is (since the flop raiser probably has a ten), I agree that this is what you need to do. Face the other players with two cold.

n.s.
01-06-2006, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting 6:1 on your raise, not 12:1.