PDA

View Full Version : NL25: Shove with overpair. Spew?

seano34
11-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I forgot to rebuy up to max stack after losing the last couple of hands. I hadnt been at the table long but had been pretty aggressive pre-flop. However I had been floated and turn raised the last couple of hands, to which I had folded and the table after 20 hands seemed to be made up of 4 fairly solid players (15/15, 12/12 etc ) type players who I guess would be capable of picking up on things, and the one fish-buddy who I had followed there (not the villain of the hand)

Firstly is the pf call too loose. Its slightly over 10% of my stack but the possibility of getting re-raised light edged my call

The c-bet was expected and the board was exactly what I was hoping for (ie one less likely to hit villain but look dangerous). How 'loose' does this re-raise need to be for a shove to put enough pressure on in this situation or is it just spew anyway?

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com (http://www.leggopoker.com) - Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $32.54
SB: $25.35
BB: $29.63
UTG: $22.43
Hero (MP): $22.92
CO: $43.25

Pre-Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.25</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.75) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $19.67 and is All-In</font>

bored
11-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Fold preflop.

Fold flop.

Yes, this is spew.

You are ahead of nothing but AK, and even that has outs vs you.

I don't think you have much FE here.

seano34
11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
No possibility of AQ,AJ,AT,KQ etc? I had had like the last three/four hands where I had folded to a reraise. Or is that assuming a level of observence that isnt likely at this level?

This line was specifically related to the possibility of him reraising me light.

Although I realise with the flop bet its still ridiculous gambling ;o)

bored
11-19-2007, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No possibility of AQ,AJ,AT,KQ etc? I had had like the last three/four hands where I had folded to a reraise. Or is that assuming a level of observence that isnt likely at this level?

This line was specifically related to the possibility of him reraising me light.

Although I realise with the flop bet its still ridiculous gambling ;o)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are SA/WB and have no real reads, just suspicion.

4bet PF if you think you are being 3bet light.

Mase31683
11-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Once he shoves here, you're done with the hand. The only way you're ahead is if he's got 77-33. I don't think he's doing this with air, it looks like a big pp to me fwiw.

I'm definitely taking this flop here. If I hit my 9 I expect to take his stack, and with a flop that came like it did, you may be ahead to a hand like AK. I don't mind taking the flop and I don't mind leading out at it either. But fold when he re-raises you.