PDA

View Full Version : NL25: Raising small donk bets

seano34
11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
How is this line. I dont think I played it optimally hence the post.

Should I have raised the turn bet to 8? I had no useful reads having only recently sat down but the I usually make the assumption that the average NL25 player is a calling station donk that will call off with any part of the board.

I was planning to c/f to a decent size bet but the little bet screamed out "I have a hand but I dont really want any action"

Is this a small pair or draw enough of the time to push them off with a raise? You dont often see a tricky villain at this level who will do this to tempt a raise, and I had no image having just sat down either.

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com (http://www.leggopoker.com) - Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

Hero (UTG): $26.57
MP: $25.74
CO: $25.60
BTN: $63.35
SB: $21.49
BB: $25.36

Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.35) T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, CO calls $2

Turn: ($6.35) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, CO folds

Results: $10.35 Pot
Hero mucked A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif and WON $13.34 (+$8.34 NET)

udbrky
11-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I think him folding answers your question. You only need to bluff the amount that will get them to fold. If he's not folding to a $6 bet, he's not folding to an $8 usually.

seano34
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I was thinking more of as a general line against the average NL25 player on Party in this situation. Is this a viable line to take usually or is it going to be -EV in the long run?

Monster207
11-19-2007, 05:16 PM
This is totally player dependent but if your talking in extreme generalizations then yeah, I think raising small donk bets is probably going to be +ev. It really is player dependent though, and 6 is fine for a turn raise. You want to raise the minimum amount that he will fold too.

orange
11-19-2007, 05:30 PM
meh. i guess it works occassionally. have to watch out though, alot of tards will call this with 88.