PDA

View Full Version : Caesar's had a 800 - 1600 mixed game going tonight

Joe_d72
01-06-2006, 05:29 AM
When I was at Caesar's last night I saw Chau G, David Levi, Allen C, Shawn S, Rene A, Eli E and David Grey playing a 800-1600 mixed game. First time I had saw a game that high going there.

Rootabager
01-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Who is Shawn S and Rene A?

Clayton
01-06-2006, 06:26 AM
shawn sheikan
rene a. = cele dion's husband. french old guy.

trying2learn
01-06-2006, 12:20 PM
i have a friend who is a host at Caesar's, and the poker people over there have been spreading the word that they will spread as big a game as anyone wants to play. it could get even higher.

Spook
01-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I bet the like having a comp card that tracks their play.

And the Wynn will be pissed if that games stays there.

Diplomat
01-06-2006, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shawn sheikan
rene a. = cele dion's husband. french old guy that is the lifeblood of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

-Diplomat

Riverman
01-06-2006, 03:52 PM
I heard a rumor that Mr. Dion owes many many millions to Caesars and that this is the reason Celine began singing there. Any truth to this?

highlife
01-06-2006, 04:48 PM
and the second highest game was 10-20! you forgot that part.

Toro
01-06-2006, 05:48 PM
My mole over there says that former NBA player Bill Laimbeer was there recently playing some low limit no limit and was a very solid player.

My friend who is a shift manager kiddingly told him that if he saw him coming in, he would have never got a seat for what he used to do to the Celtics. He responded "Boston sucks" and all was cool. To my dismay, my buddy told me he was a very nice guy.

Oh and yes, they will spread any game, players want to play.

kidcolin
01-06-2006, 06:06 PM
He's just bitter because McHale and Parish owned him.

Don Olney
01-06-2006, 09:06 PM
ummm--NO

Dynasty
01-06-2006, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My mole over there says that former NBA player Bill Laimbeer was there recently playing some low limit no limit and was a very solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played for a bit with Laimbeer a few nights ago.

gilbert
01-06-2006, 11:51 PM
if caesar's is the only play celine's husband will play, they might keep that game going.

DrunkIrish05
01-07-2006, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
shawn sheikan

[/ QUOTE ]

shawn sheikan plays that high? i figured after his antics at the main event (slamming the table) that he was a pretty weak player.

gilbert
01-07-2006, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shawn sheikan

[/ QUOTE ]

shawn sheikan plays that high? i figured after his antics at the main event (slamming the table) that he was a pretty weak player.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's been been a pretty high cash game player for a while. i know i've seen him playing in the high limit area at bellagio before the 05 main event.

Joe_d72
01-07-2006, 01:29 AM
I think he has been playing the 400-800 mixed for a few years maybe even more. He said after the WSOP that he really didnt know how to play NL because he only plays limit in the mixed games.

Timer
01-07-2006, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was at Caesar's last night I saw Chau G, David Levi, Allen C, Shawn S, Rene A, Eli E and David Grey playing a 800-1600 mixed game. First time I had saw a game that high going there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's putting David Levi in?

MicroBob
01-07-2006, 03:30 AM
Yes...Sheikan has been playing fairly high-stakes for awhile now.
but I do know how one could get the impression that he was just a total accident who had never even stepped foot in Vegas before.

gilbert
01-07-2006, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He said after the WSOP that he really didnt know how to play NL because he only plays limit in the mixed games.

[/ QUOTE ]

he played in that 200/400 nl game at the golden nugget that supposed to be on tv.

DrunkIrish05
01-07-2006, 04:44 AM
is he bankrolled through poker or something else?

The Young Gun
01-07-2006, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason him and Mike M. were so mean to each other during the ME was because they had done business together. You know how Mike went to jail right. hmmmmmmmmmm

emil3000
01-07-2006, 09:18 AM
OMG this would be good gossip.

Please give more details.

surfinillini
01-07-2006, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I do know how one could get the impression that he was just a total accident who had never even stepped foot in Vegas before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shiekan has been playing high limit cashgames in vegas and LA for years.

rumor has it he owns 1 or 2 tattoo shops and 1 or 2 smoke shops (head shops I assume).

Apparently these are profitable.

augie_
01-07-2006, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a businessman.

i'm assuming he's one of the live ones in the big game.

Joe_d72
01-07-2006, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rumor has it he owns 1 or 2 tattoo shops and 1 or 2 smoke shops (head shops I assume).

[/ QUOTE ]

He owns all the Diversity Tattoo and smoke shops in Las
Vegas I think there are 4 or 5 of them.

A_C_Slater
01-08-2006, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Laimbeer is a semi-regular at Greektown (Detroit) in his off season. He plays 2-5 NL.

trying2learn
01-08-2006, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He owns all the Diversity Tattoo and smoke shops in Las
Vegas I think there are 4 or 5 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is all true - and they are quite profitable.

he also was in a car accident that killed a woman a few years back.

surfinillini
01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that was random

so diversity shops, I assume it's a chain of tattoo/head shops.

He could prob sell the chain for upwards of 50 million I'm assuming ?

Sponger.
01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You play poker?

Sponger.
01-08-2006, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard a rumor that Mr. Dion owes many many millions to Caesars and that this is the reason Celine began singing there. Any truth to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLLLLLL

I can't believe nobody has responded to this post to laugh at how ridiculous it is. Yeah, Rene is in debt 100mil. In fact Celene is chained in a closet at Caesar's and only gets let out to sing.

trying2learn
01-08-2006, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that was random

so diversity shops, I assume it's a chain of tattoo/head shops.

He could prob sell the chain for upwards of 50 million I'm assuming ?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was random...but it was a big news story a couple years back locally - so i was reminded.

is diversity a company that has shops outside of the few that here in Vegas? if so - 50 million value would not surprise me at all.

Sponger.
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, I searched for diversity tattoo on yahoo and got nothing. So my guess its only those few shops.

trying2learn
01-08-2006, 03:37 PM
then 50 million is probably too high. (pun intended.)

surfinillini
01-08-2006, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then 50 million is probably too high. (pun intended.)

[/ QUOTE ]

probably...eitherway I say his business, if he owns 4-5 local shops could be upwards of 10million depending on it's success.

seems kind of small when the big bet in the big game NL is 100K.

trying2learn
01-08-2006, 03:46 PM
he runs with the crowd that has been very successful in the poker business. henry ornstein, mori eskandani, eric drache, these are guys he hangs around with a lot. i don't know if he's business partners with them - but it's safe to assume he has other business ventures than just the diversity stores.

surfinillini
01-08-2006, 03:49 PM
for a guy who doesn't seem to intelligent (just going by his vocab and grammar during the WSOP ME) he must be really business savvy to be so loaded

trying2learn
01-08-2006, 03:53 PM
he could have inherited a lot of money too...who knows. i do know that he is well liked in those circles - which is why him coming off so poorly in the WSOP was surprising to me.

then again, maybe he is well liked in those circles because he tends to be a live one...i don't know.

Toro
01-08-2006, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You play poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You?

PiquetteAces
01-08-2006, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shawn sheikan
rene a. = cele dion's husband. <font color="red"> </font> old guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's canadian actually . I guess he's a good player , but not enough to beat the usual lineup of high-limit . poker . I'm not his accountant , but I guess he can afford to lose 1 or 2 BB/hour , even if he play 24 hours a day for the rest of his life .
- jpp

grdred944
01-10-2006, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yesterday they mustered up a 40-80 limit game. There is a huge gap between their low and high spread games but they are trying.

grdred944
01-10-2006, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sheik has been there pretty much daily for a week. A couple of local nobodys have shown up to play him as have a few pros. Eskimo Clark was there yesterday and Minh Ly also popped in last week. Not quite the Big Game but I give Caesar's props for trying to get bigger games going there. Bellagio has nothing to worry about but Wynn and Mirage may wind up taking a hit. Wynn for sure.

highlife
01-10-2006, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yesterday they mustered up a 40-80 limit game. There is a huge gap between their low and high spread games but they are trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

40-80 mixed or just holdem? if mixed what were the games?

Bill Murphy
04-11-2007, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shawn sheikan
rene a. = cele dion's husband. Lebanese old guy that is the lifeblood of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

fYp

88jayhawks
04-11-2007, 08:29 PM
sheiky got his money through real estate

TStoneMBD
04-12-2007, 01:32 AM
anyone know what games were in the rotation by any chance?

LimitGod
04-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Saw sheiky in Spearmint before. The girls absolutely swarmed him when he came in. He was literally about 10 feet away from me in the VIP room.

FyteOn
04-12-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
probably...eitherway I say his business, if he owns 4-5 local shops could be upwards of 10million depending on it's success.

[/ QUOTE ]

Businesses sell at 2-3x yearly cashflow, generally. So to value 5 smokeshops at $10m would to say that they're cashflowing $750k-$1m each. There is no way on earth they're doing that. That would have to be revenues of $5m a year per storefront to turn that profit. At least.

That being said, I've seen Sheiky in the private room at Bellagio quite often so he's doing something right.