PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: set on a monotone flop OOP vs aggro TAG, line check

Maunzekater
11-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Villain is a very aggressive TAG, 19/14/4.7/800 and raises flop bets 23%. I was playing for about 60 hands at this table and have a a quite tight image, wasn't dealt many playable hands. I was very aggressive when i had a good hand and already took down a few pots preflop by 3betting and squeezing.
Main target is the LAG spewtard to my right and i tried to stay out of villain's way and only play hands with a great potential if he is involved. 44 is a good candidate, of course.

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker (http://www.leggopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

CO: $11.42
BTN: $14.45
Hero (SB): $27.70
BB: $22.09
UTG: $26.60
MP: $24.25

Pre-Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $4.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $26.70 and is All-In</font>, UTG tanks and finally folds

I took my standard line vs an aggressive player and b/3bai. However, his turn aggression factor is really high and i could try to call and c/rai on the turn if he fires again.
This could backfire so i decided to make a standard play, but i wonder if i miss value by making such a strong play on the flop. I don't think so, but i like to hear what other players think.

Note that i never made such a smallish bet on the flop if i didn't expect to be raised.

derosnec
11-11-2007, 09:31 AM
well what else can you do really? i think he has a heart, TP, OP, straight draw enough time for you to reraise him on the flop.

and i like the b/3bai on this flop (esp since he's utg), although could min-4bet him too since the bets have become large.

corsakh
11-11-2007, 09:48 AM
OOP have to shove

hockeyf
11-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Its not a fistpump all-in but you must push.

dirtylobster
11-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Calling sucks as you won't get more money in on a lot of turns. Bet more on flop, otherwise fine.