PDA

View Full Version : SSHE PF reccomendation question

Percussion
01-06-2006, 03:17 AM
I was reading SSHE and it says to be limping in tight games with any two suited broadway cards even under the gun. Im confused as to how you can get value out of an under the gun limp with QhTh in a tight game?

SackUp
01-06-2006, 03:29 AM
you still have high card, fd, and sd value with these hands. Even in tight games you will still get some limpers in small stakes games. I think it says this for 3-5 players which is more than enough to extract value out of. Obviously you need to practice good postflop play with these hands and be able to fold when necessary, but there is definitely value in these hands.

freeDegas
01-06-2006, 03:37 AM
Hands like QTs can be very profitable, because you have implied odds, if you make a big hand, but you don't give them.
You will very often have action, if you flop a straight draw, and people call you down, if you make your straight. In addition to that, if you make a straight with QT, you will often have the nut straight.

Ignignokt
01-06-2006, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was reading SSHE and it says to be limping in tight games with any two suited broadway cards even under the gun. Im confused as to how you can get value out of an under the gun limp with QhTh in a tight game?

[/ QUOTE ]
SSHE clearly tells you not to do that, for example, in situations where you're likely to be raised. Reread the preflop section of the book.

QTs is a good hand, though, even UTG if you know your opponents and have good postflop skills.

ghostface
01-06-2006, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SSHE clearly tells you not to do that, for example, in situations where you're likely to be raised. Reread the preflop section of the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you cant play QTs UTG profitably, find a better [censored] GAME!

Ignignokt
01-06-2006, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What he means is that you want to practice good table selection, avoiding games that might be too tight and/or aggressive.

ghostface
01-06-2006, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What he means is that you want to practice good table selection, avoiding games that might be too tight and/or aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly avoid tables you cant outplay.

jedi
01-06-2006, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you still have high card, fd, and sd value with these hands. Even in tight games you will still get some limpers in small stakes games. I think it says this for 3-5 players which is more than enough to extract value out of. Obviously you need to practice good postflop play with these hands and be able to fold when necessary, but there is definitely value in these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, maybe I should loosen up. I guess it's important to note that 3-5 players really isn't that tight of a game, but is "low limit" tight. I think what we really want is a passive game to limp in with QTs here.

Agree/Disagree?

latefordinner
01-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I think table aggression/passivity is more important here than looseness/tightness.