PDA

View Full Version : NL50 - C-bet hits something, confusion ensues.

toddxlogan
11-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi All-

Thought this was probably the most interesting hand of the night that I played after a pretty monster session. Looking at it now, I feel like a call looks easier than it felt at the time, but I'm curious to know if that is retrospective thinking or whatnot. I am open to critique on any street. I have no particular history with villain, FWIW. Further, keep in mind stack sizes when suggesting a line.

Villain here is 22/18/(1.8/5/.8) over about 200 hands. Generally seems competent and solid. Currently has a calls PFR of about 5.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker (http://www.leggopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

SB: $41.90
BB: $95.35
UTG: $7.25
Hero (CO): $248.05
BTN: $48

Pre-Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $2, UTG calls $2

Flop: ($7.75) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls $5, UTG folds

Turn: ($17.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12

River: ($41.75) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $25</font>, HERO BANGS HEAD AGAINST WALL AND?

Berky
11-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Raise the turn, shove river profit?
He's got a set here like 90% of the time

IAGTTAYM
11-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Raise the turn if you like money, he ain't folding 2-pr or better.
As played, shove the river? I doubt he puts you on 22 and he calls with worse so...

QuietEarner
11-10-2007, 01:01 PM
First I'm probably goint to make my continuation bet a little larger probably like 6-6.5. Second you hit a dream card, but this is a perfect spot to raise and find out where you stand. You can raise to $35 or so and find where you stand.

As played I'm going to put him all in. I mean you are really only worried about a 67, maybe a backdoor flush, but if you raise turn, that solves that problem.

This is an interesting hand as played, but I think raising the turn makes this hand very simple. You probably feel alot better about getting it in on the turn praying he hit a set.

cashstrapped
11-10-2007, 01:03 PM
hes hardly ever got clubs here. Definate turn raise though then shove the river.

PepsPersson
11-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I just call river. Doubt any worse hand will call us.

toddxlogan
11-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I think this is more interesting than you guys are giving it credit for . . .

Why would villain not raise a set here? The flop has an A, and a thinking player knows that a flop raise gets a hell of a lot less respect than a turn one, and that I probably shut down to turn action with "my ace" if he does anything on the turn. On the other hand, a flopraise makes a ton of sense with a set. Also, what would make him donk the turn with a set as opposed to c/r? (I guess that goes for a straight as well . . .)

Raise turn I think is probably a damn good move. But stack sizes make it pretty awkward. I put in a good size raise and I now have 30some in the middle, and we are 200bb deep. He shoves, do I feel good calling 200bb's off here?

Yeah 67 seems unlikely, but his line would be consistent with it, there are 16 combos of it, and there are only 18 combos of possible sets here. Given that I have 0 equity against those 16 combos of 67 and, what, 70 percent against those sets, I think theres at least soooome merit to considering it.

No?

z28dreams
11-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Not raising the turn here is really bad. You're both deep - you need to start getting money in the pot.

I think a river call is fine - any non-maniac can see that there's a 4-straight on the board in addition to a flush and would be capable of laying down an ace.

Obv. it's unlikely for anyone to be holding a 2, but even AK and AQ may be a little afraid of AJ hitting 2 pair on the river.

IAGTTAYM
11-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Villain here is 22/18/(1.8/5/.8):

That is pretty key to me. I don't think villain will turn up with 67o,67s, 5c4c etc oop here that often. I think 44 or 55 is a much more likely holding. Of course, if you think villain folds anything but a straight, then just call.

billip62
11-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I can definitely see the villain with a set here, but that said this is about as weak that I would ever consider committing ~200bbs to. I think the way it's played a call on the riv is almost mandatory, but the turn rr would set up a solid place for the villain to stack off.