PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Post Steal Hits TPBK, Donked into twice

Antinome
11-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker (http://www.leggopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

BB: $68.10
UTG: $15
Hero (CO): $29.85
BTN: $31.50
SB: $41

UTG posts $0.25
Pre-Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.85, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($3.40) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.40) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, UTG calls $9

River: ($30.40) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.40 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $0.40

I thought I was probably ahead on the flop, definitely ahead on the turn, and probably behind on the river. thoughts?

MrWooster
11-10-2007, 12:43 PM
What about just calling the turn, you hand is marginal (TPWK) and UTG has donked and called a raise, and then donked the turn again. I would just call here with the intention of calling a small bet on a safe river, though I dont really like it as it would mean you are loosing control of the hand...

IAGTTAYM
11-10-2007, 12:52 PM
I would just flat UTGs donk bet on the flop.
As played on the flop, flatting the turn and folding on a lot of river is best. The 9 is a crappy card and
I don't really like turning our hand into a bluff on the turn by raising, as we still have sd value...

Antinome
11-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Once he's donked into me the second time I'm sure he's still on a draw. We already know he donk-calls from the flop action. Why wouldn't I want him to call me with the draw? My equity is better than it was on the flop.

Now a flop flat call, that's not bad if we're heads-up. I'm probably slightly ahead, I can call and keep the pot small... re-evaluate turn, raising if he donks again, when my equity is better. That would be my normal line. But I'm worried that if I flat call an obvious donk draw BB will raise with a wide range and I'll be unable to call. Even if he's not raising, he may still call with a wide range. I really don't have good equity against a draw and another hand. The flop raise is more to isolate than get value from the probable UTG draw, though it serves that purpose too.

I don't see why the 9 is a bad card; it only completes one (reasonable) draw, KQ. Most UTG posters will raise a hand like that. If anything, I suspect even before he donks turn that it just made him a pair to go with a straight draw, or missed his flush draw.