PDA

View Full Version : To bluff or not to bluff?

OSUGreg1983
11-10-2007, 04:49 AM
Villain is 51/11/2.6 over 50ish hands. No read other than he's calling down light and giving up often on the river. I wouldn't typically consider bluffing.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker (http://www.leggopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

Hero (BTN): $25
SB: $30.95
BB: $40.75
UTG: $32.85
MP: $27.80
CO: $23.75

Pre-Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (BTN) <font color="black"> </font>
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, BB calls $2

Turn: ($7.30) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.25</font>, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($11.80) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero ...

I probably didnt raise enough on the flop and played it wrong on the turn. Should I just give up on the flop? Or since I'm now at the river, should I contemplate a bluff?

OSUGreg1983
11-10-2007, 04:56 AM
I just realized how disguisting horribly this hand looks. Just ignore and lock the thread please. My first problem was continuing the hand past the flop.

Unknown Soldier
11-10-2007, 04:58 AM
given read i dont like flop, turn is fine. river is a check. he wont fold anhything here.

Lego05
11-10-2007, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
given read i dont like flop, turn is fine. river is a check. he wont fold anhything here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly is the turn fine? Odds to draw to a gutshot is dubious and add in that the board is paired and there's no guarantee a straight is good. And obviously I'm not gonna be comfortable hitting a J or a T.

Also I raise flop donks a lot but this one is a tossup in my mind.

OSUGreg1983
11-10-2007, 05:06 AM
I already said this is terrible hand. Please ignore this post.

Unknown Soldier
11-10-2007, 05:06 AM
enough equity vs his range to continue imo, stop thinking of pessismitic scenarios.

i raise flop donks alot, but prob better to just float vs this guy

Unknown Soldier
11-10-2007, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I already said this is terrible hand. Please ignore this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

really isnt that bad

OSUGreg1983
11-10-2007, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree at higher limits. I've found it very difficult to float in 25NL. Plus, I don't feel I'm a good enough post flop player yet to start doing that.

PepsPersson
11-10-2007, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
enough equity vs his range to continue imo, stop thinking of pessismitic scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my thinking aswell. I usually always raise the flop vs someone who calls preflop and open on flop, when I am sitting on a straight draw + two overs. We are in position for the rest of hand and we can easily set the pace those times we are called. I think villain folds plenty of times here giving us the money. If he calls and lets us have the iniative on turn, we could easily take the free card or keep firing if a scare cards hit, like A or K.

Vs this villain who calls light, I think I just float or fold, since I expect him to call me more often than not. I give up on turn. Seems like he isnt going anywhere and our JT outs may not be good alot of times and I dont want to call having that in mind + only a gutshot. River is a check behind. He will never fold a FH.

Unknown Soldier
11-10-2007, 05:18 AM
you def cant fold this flop. i think you take floating to mean making moves later. You don't have to, i just mean calling and seeing what happens.

OSUGreg1983
11-10-2007, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you take floating to mean making moves later. You don't have to, i just mean calling and seeing what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought floating=bluffing. Learn something new every day.

Lego05
11-10-2007, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright I guess you're right....a lot of one pair hands in his range...like 99,66, a pair of 8's or maybe even 7's, poss even 44 or even that chance that he actually has unpaired cards.

That's kinda what you were thinking, right?

Unknown Soldier
11-10-2007, 05:41 AM
yeah exactly, i mean his line isn't exactly strong. I think T/J are usually good.