PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Bluff time

Milky
11-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Villain is 24/6/2.13 over 75 hands. His river bet screamed weak made hand... what do you think of the push? BTW his turn call was instant. Also, does anyone check turn here w/the gutshot to the nuts? I figured it was a great card to bet.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker (http://www.leggopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

MP: $17.70
CO: $38.60
BTN: $50
SB: $55.70
BB: $36.15
Hero (UTG): $50.75

Pre-Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3

Turn: ($10.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, SB calls $6

River: ($22.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $17</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $39.75 and is All-In</font>

Nick C
11-09-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure why you think Villain's river bet screams weak made hand. I mean, sure, it's a bet out of nowhere, but at the same time it is a pretty big bet. That said, I'll admit that it's hard to put Villain on any strong hand that he wasn't sandbagging at some point (but I'm not going to rule out that sandbagging possibility -- in fact, it seems rather likely to me, and the turn insta-call further supports the possibility).

On the turn, a check is an option, but I think the bet is fine now that you have something solid to represent.

Milky
11-10-2007, 01:49 AM
If he has a big hand I see him betting/raising turn with it. The instacall looked to me like some kind of made hand or T9. I see villains take this line then fold to a river bet a lot. His river bet was strange and really looked like a busted draw or some other kind of hand that didn't want me to call... I really didn't put him on some kind of big hand.

vixticator
11-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Decent spot to double barrel. I don't dislike it. You could have the best hand on the river, nut no pair. I'd rather call than shove. But, folding pretty much every time. He has no reason to think you are weak at all. I really think he thinks you will call.

creamfillin
11-10-2007, 01:59 AM
I think I'd make the double barrel a bit bigger. I think river is spew without sick reads. It's practically a minraise anyway.

Milky
11-10-2007, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd make the double barrel a bit bigger. I think river is spew without sick reads. It's practically a minraise anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I think you're right. And I don't think I'm being results oriented with my read as I thought he was weak when I pushed but FWIW he called with Q8 (??!?!?!) and I was toast. So right read I guess, lol