PDA

View Full Version : 10 NL weird line by villan

monkeymaps
11-09-2007, 08:20 PM
PFR is lag tagggy 24/20/4.5 50 hands
I called pre flop because the limpers were very loose and figured they would come along but the did not so... well at least im IP.

I bet flop with my OESD hoping to take it down but dont and call the turn cause im getting 4-1 to call and I dont think he has a FD so turn might be bad and im not calling river obv.

but what is a decent range for villan here? can I ever bluff raise here?
my guess was it was some fps played set or something but what do you guys make of this weird line?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker (http://www.leggopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

CO: $4.35
BTN: $13.95
SB: $17.45
Hero (BB): $16.85
UTG: $5.65
MP: $8.85

Pre-Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.60</font>, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.40) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, SB calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.20) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($6.20) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.45</font>, Hero folds

Results: $6.20 Pot ($0.30 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $5.90 (+$2.90 NET)

ps my flop bet sucks I know

Nick C
11-09-2007, 08:51 PM
A fps set or other strong hand is a good guess once Villain checks and then calls the flop, so I think the turn call is good with your relatively disguised draw.

Since I hate walking into the popular preflop raise/flop check with a monster slowplay, I wouldn't even consider raising the river. And, that emotional reaction aside, I think raising would simply be a bad play since Villain will frequently have a strong hand he's not letting go of.

Edit: If Villain isn't sandbagging, then a stubborn KQ/AQ/AK type hand that picked up a draw on the turn seems possible (with the KQ possibility in particular being unfortunate for you). But I'd expect this guy to c-bet his overs.