PDA

View Full Version : NL50: Extracting with a low set in 3bet pot

Baintz
11-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Don't run into this situation very much, as usually the 3bettor has raised too much to price me out of drawing to a set, and I rarely call 3bets OOP anyway.

No reads on villain, he'd just joined the table.

I think c/r flop lets him fold a non ace too easy. If he has AA/QQ it doesn't matter what I do as I'm going broke, so I was thinking of calling flop and donking for 1/2 pot on turn.

Alternative lines?

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker (http://www.leggopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.leggopoker.com/hh)

Hero (MP): $63.73
CO: $47.27
BTN: $101.66
SB: $32.65
BB: $90.30
UTG: $44.75

Pre-Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $5</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($10.75) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($20.75) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero ???

bsball8806
11-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Reraise flop. If he has AQ, AA, QQ, or AK, he's probably going broke anyway on this flop. If he has Ax, JJ, or KK, you're not getting any more money out of him. Try to get AI on the flop before more scare cards come for either of you.

Baintz
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Disagree. I think he can fold KK too easy to a c/r, but by calling and donking weak, he may stick around for another bet, or if he has like JJ/TT he may think I have a weak A or Q and try and push me off it.

I'm not too worried about giving a free card here, and he's not folding AK to a half pot bet on turn.

bsball8806
11-09-2007, 12:41 PM
So you think by c/c, donking like 10, he'll stick around with KK? I really don't think so. Def. not with JJ or 10's.

Milky
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
What about leading the flop for $4 or so? If he has AK/AQ he's probably raising you and you can stack him. If he has KK he's probably calling then you can check turn and maybe get him to bet. If it checks through you can make a decent river bet which he will probably call, which is about as much value as you can expect to get on average.

Baintz
11-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Well, at least I give him that option. c/r flop lets him fold them far too easily. If he has AQ the money is going in anyway, so I prefer to give him the option of bluffing or making a bad call on the turn.

wingchunflush
11-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I think your playing this hand pretty transparently. I like a weak lead at the flop and hope he raises the piss out of you. This line seems to work well for me in situations like this.

Baintz
11-09-2007, 12:57 PM
This I like, good post Milky. The only downside is we may miss out on a cbet when he has air (unlikely, but he is unknown, and their are a lot of aggro idiots on Party).

billip62
11-09-2007, 01:10 PM
def agree with Milky, leading a set there is hugely profitable on a board that has likely connected with the villian. I lead here 100% of the time.

Pokerdemic
11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
i like a bet/3bet on the flop. If he has AQ/AK/AA/QQ you can probably get the money in on the flop. If he flat calls you can checked it to him on the turn.

AZplaya
11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Donk this flop for like $7. Check call donk turn looks pretty strong. So does c/r. Donking the flop just looks like a steal attempt and usually gets called or raised.