PDA

View Full Version : Tax in the UK

ToWW
10-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Hi,

I live in The Netherlands and was looking into the tax situation in england. From what I read on the website, you either need a job or got to prove that you have enough money to stay in the country.
Anyone got an estimation what qualifies as 'enough money'?

My actual question is, if I move to the UK, I guess I have to still pay taxes to my own country for a while. How long does it take to become a UK citizen and pay taxes to the UK government? (I'm playing poker fulltime obviously).

I hope anyone knows this or can link me to a good website/thread where there's good info about this.
(or is it not possible to become UK citizen even for an european when you play poker fulltime?)

davmcg
10-30-2007, 09:23 AM
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/pdfs/ir20.htm

Richas
10-30-2007, 10:05 AM
If you are an EU citizen you should have no problem as you have te right to move anywhere in the EU to live and or work there. Just get a cheap flight from Schipol and shudder at the cost of living in the UK

(PS Yanks what are you doing to the dollar? $2.06 to the £!! my bankroll is shrinking thanks to you lot.....)

ToWW
10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
thanks for the link.

From what I read so far, I just have to move to the UK and if I lived there for at least 6 months in the previous tax year I pay taxes int he UK and not to my own country.

Reading the rest now but that sounds good so far.