PDA

View Full Version : AA getting donked into on turn

Jay_Whufc
10-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Villain 33/0/0.21 but only 30 hands so not great sample size.
Whats your turn line?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $55.25
SB: $47.15
BB: $21.25
UTG: $48.15
MP: $60
Hero (CO): $53.10

Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $2.25, 2 folds

Flop: ($6) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.75</font>, SB calls $4.75

Turn: ($15.50) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???

Khaos4k
10-29-2007, 08:48 AM
I shut down into pot control mode as this looks like a WA:WB scenario. Although his AF does worry me a lot.

andys0506
10-29-2007, 08:53 AM
What could he call a pfr with - the only thing I can see that beats us is A8 suited. You hold 2 of the Aces, so I'm not sure I believe him.
I'd call the turn and try and get a fairly cheap showdown - expect villain to flip over TT-QQ

Supwithbates
10-29-2007, 09:11 AM
call turn and call/raise most rivers. Bet bigger on flop too.
I am never folding, if he hit trips good for him but there's a wide range of worse hands he'll stack with. I think he has a flush draw here like never with that aggression factor.

If opponent were more aggressive I'd probably minraise turn to induce a shove from flush draws and worse hands.

Tito
10-29-2007, 09:22 AM
I'd go with c/c turn and c/c river. He could have 22, or 44 here preflop hoping UTG and/or BB comes along for sick implied odds. I don't like his turn bet into you so I take a WA/WB line and try to get to showdown as cheap as possible. I think flop bet is fine.

br.bm
10-29-2007, 09:25 AM
if villian checks the river I definatly bet 1/3 pot

takingcontrol
10-29-2007, 09:52 AM
his range here is mostly pocketpairs, all of which we're ahead of. though he could have a naked A, even morons can tell which boards are likely to hit our range.
Flop bet looks fine to me, as played call turn and get value on the river.

Jay_Whufc
10-29-2007, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
call turn and call/raise most rivers. Bet bigger on flop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I bet bigger on flop? My bet is standard ~3/4 pot on a board that is not particulary drawy.

genius55
10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What could he call a pfr with - the only thing I can see that beats us is A8 suited. You hold 2 of the Aces, so I'm not sure I believe him.
I'd call the turn and try and get a fairly cheap showdown - expect villain to flip over TT-QQ

[/ QUOTE ]

agree except i am raising turn all day baby,

you think he is leading a full house on the turn? it's possible but seems unlikely, j8 t8, x8 or something like that is possible but i'm looking to extract value from 99-kk and worse.

Check_The_Nuts
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
call, definitely call.

I hate a turn minraise fwiw.

I'd never fold this. Your ahead too often. Maybe if he potted a heart river or something but besides that...and even then, its pretty unlikely I'll fold after just calling the turn.

Profish2285
10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
I call here too, there is no point to raising here. There is nothing to protect against except a flush draw, but I highly doubt villain plays a draw like this. This is a classic WA/WB situation. If you raise him here then youre letting him possibly get away from the hands that youre way ahead of while letting him get his money in with the hands that youre way behind to.

Jay_Whufc
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call here too, there is no point to raising here. There is nothing to protect against except a flush draw, but I highly doubt villain plays a draw like this. This is a classic WA/WB situation. If you raise him here then youre letting him possibly get away from the hands that youre way ahead of while letting him get his money in with the hands that youre way behind to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on Sir, I shoved and he folded /images/graemlins/frown.gif Bad play from me, calling def the way to go. Only draw is flushy and im 95% sure he doesnt play it like this.