PDA

View Full Version : 25NL 3-bet four way pot

finalboarder
10-29-2007, 04:29 AM
I thought this was a really interesting hand. I don't play as many hands as most other people on the forums and when this happens I am kind of lost of what to do. All of these players are relatively loose, but I have a really small sample for some of them.

Button is 51/28/1.8 over 40 hands
BB is 54.5/10/.45 over 100 hands
UTG is 33.3/6.7/infinity over 20 hands.

JJ is CO is a standard 3-bet for me. I was really surprised when all of them called me. On the flop I wanted to bet out to protect my hand against flush draws. I wasn't sure if this was the right move because you often see higher pp's here right? All 3 of them can't have AK. My plan for if I got called on the flop was the shove any non A or K. Was this alright? What should I have done if a A or K showed on the turn? Does my line look strong enough to fold out QQ,KK?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (5 handed) Ultimate Bet (http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-UltimateBet.php#converter) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($29.11)
SB ($9.75)
BB ($93.31)
UTG ($25.42)
Hero ($39.94)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.9</font>, Button calls $2.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2.65, UTG calls $2.05.

Flop: ($11.70) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, Button folds, BB calls $9, UTG folds.

Turn: ($29.70) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $28.04 (All-In)</font>

Schiester
10-29-2007, 05:10 AM
Looks fine to me. BB is a call monkey. You may get more value by betting 20ish on the turn. Doesn't look like it matters in this hand though.

Can't see you folding KK/AA. Maybe QQ occasionally. I would expect most AA/KK type hands to raise you up pf. QQ should most of the time be bumping your flop bet; happy enough to get it all in here.

I think you're most likely to be up against a draw here which is why I would bet a little less on the turn.

yeotaJMU
10-29-2007, 05:54 AM
nh

wems
10-29-2007, 06:38 AM
yes you played this hand well.. from my guess they are calling you with a medium PP/AK/AQ. i believe you are destroying most everyones range.

kroeliewoelie
10-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Looks fine, but I think you will see an overpair like AA,KK here sometimes. The BB is so passive that I am not surprised if he does play it this way. But I think you are good the majority of the time (i.e. you beat his range).

Also you have to bet this turn, since you don't like any Q+ or club on the river (i.e. 20 cards of the unseen 46). So no time to give free cards/practice pot control. Furthermore, since any bet smaller than going all in leaves you with a tiny amount in your stack, I think going all in is indeed the only right option.

Well played.

Bavid Denyamine
10-29-2007, 07:02 AM
1) no, flop bet is fine
2) yes, standard
3) shutdown
4) no

since i guess you wouldn't make a thread about how you stacked someone villain probably has like 76 or something, but i think your line is fine; your hand has too much value to fold here and KK/AA prob would've 4bet pf so shove it in and hope to stack-a-donk

finalboarder
10-29-2007, 03:12 PM
The results ended up him folding and me taking down the pot on the turn. But I posted the hand because I felt like I was putting myself in a dangerous spot. Thanks for the replies