PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - middle set faces turn warfare

Arp220
10-28-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm currently in the midst of a 10 ish buyin downswing, caused by some combination of getting sucked out on to a ridiculous extent, and me just sucking. This hand shook my confidence a bit - did I misplay it, and if so, how?

Played about 3 orbits at the table, all unknowns. I'd been playing fairly tight. Table was fairly loose, villains both seemed pretty run of the mill:

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

UTG: $37.40
MP: $24.20
CO: $28.70
BTN: $12.50
SB: $17.60
Hero (BB): $22.60

Pre-Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.50</font>, MP calls $0.50, 2 folds, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($2) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1</font>, MP calls $1, SB folds, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($5) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.75</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $22.50</font>, Hero calls $7.35 and is All-In

Tito
10-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Preflop and flop both look good although I like to lead the betting on the flop with a set esp. into the preflop raiser. You definetly have to bet at least $3.50 on the river but it seemed to work out well with everyone getting all on. MP have 88?

Profish2285
10-28-2007, 10:53 PM
If you are not going to lead here which I am completely cool with, then I believe you have to c/r. There really is no point in going into extensive slow playing at these limits. As played, I would definitely just shove over MP's raise on the turn. I dont think there is anyway youre getting away from the turn though TBH. I guess he had either 88 or 57. If he had 57 this is shows one of the main reasons what you must raise this flop, youre giving draws amazing odds to draw out on you.

Bigka79
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
u have to raise this flop. i hate with an origional bettor, and one caller just over calling here. i think we need to raise the flop becuase there is no sense in slow playin out hand .

Arp220
10-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Many thanks for the responses

bored
10-29-2007, 12:55 AM
What are you thinking slowplaying this 4 handed? I probably lead flop w/o a read and try to get it AI on the flop. Failing that, I'd try to get it in on the turn.

In other words, I'd bet all 3 streets for value vs unknowns, sometimes CRing the flop if I thought Villain would bet.

Shattered
10-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Slow playing a set on that board is fine heads up. 4-handed, though, you want the money in ASAP.

Bavid Denyamine
10-29-2007, 07:10 AM
not to sound redundant but raise the flop

ROcketRO
10-29-2007, 08:50 AM
the only reason to check the flop is for check-raising

Sniiii
10-29-2007, 09:24 AM
C/c this flop is so bad. We don't C/c with sets in 4way pot with a straight draw on the table; if we check, we raise it and try to get it all in.

ama0330
10-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Its unlucky that you got sucked out on but let it be a lesson to you: do not see the turn 4 ways with any type of made hand. Whether you lead the flop or cr is up to you but you gotta do something.

Supwithbates
10-29-2007, 09:32 AM
c/c flop is fine against one opponent on this flop, but I probably lead this flop. Here's my reasoning:
1) With this many opponents, it's less likely for the PFR to make a continuation bet if he missed. THe fact that he only minraised preflop doesn't really help either.
2) It's unlikely that we're facing a big pair here often, unless it's the PFR's, and he will probably raise if we donk into him. Our opponents are more likely on draws or weak pairs that they won't want to build a big pot with, so they'll call.
3) C/R looks strong, but once we've checked and are facing this weak bet (predictably, since PFR only minraised he probably has a habit of underbetting), we have to. The price of playing poker is ridiculously low, and an overcall builds a mid sized pot where we will stack off even if the draw hits but where we haven't ever charged opponents to hit it.

Lead flop&gt;C/R&gt;&gt;&gt;C/C as played. Headsup, this is a good board texture to c/c flop, but not vs. this many opponents around.

takingcontrol
10-29-2007, 09:46 AM
am I the only one for raising preflop ? usually you get one, at most two callers, then you can generally take it down with a cbet providing they're not loose maniacs, which you would have noticed in the 3 orbits so far.
also sets in unraised pots kinda suck, you want action ACTION ACCTTIIOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN, which is another argument for raising it up, if one of your callers hits a crappy top pair type hand you can generally get at least half his stack before he realises what time it is.
the same thing happened to me when I last took a shot at 100nl, it's just poker and generally it's the price of playing too passively when you feel things arent going your way. take a break and hang in there ^_^.

Sniiii
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
am I the only one for raising preflop ? usually you get one, at most two callers, then you can generally take it down with a cbet providing they're not loose maniacs, which you would have noticed in the 3 orbits so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

You 3bet UTG minraisers with 6-6?