PDA

View Full Version : AQo: Turn/River action?

mystro
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
No reads on villain, he just joined ~3 orbits ago, nothing particularly interesting so far.
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt (http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-FullTilt.php#converter) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($21.65)
CO ($20.30)
Button ($26.65)
SB ($10)
BB ($52.85)
Hero ($23.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, MP calls $0.85, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.80) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, MP calls $2.50, SB folds.

Turn: ($7.80) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, MP calls $5.

River: ($17.80) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $13.3 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $8.30.

Final Pot: $44.40

My thoughts:
I was getting ready to slow down on this a diamond turn, however I think that he is bluffing any time I flat check so I still need to put in a bet. I expect a made flush to reraise me here most of the time, although I could see a river raise as well... Given that he didn't raise me here, should I be firing another barrel on this river? I think villain's range at the river is AK-A9, A7, 22, 55, 7x (suited?) and any two suited diamonds, I don't think KK sticks around... I also think that 22/55 would probably reraise me on the flop with a diamond draw, but I feel that a made flush would reraise me on the turn there and then (especially if he doesn't have the Kd since he wouldn't want me to draw out to another diamond?)

Alternatively, should I just check-call a reasnoble sized bet on the river?

I'll post results later if people want...

bsball8806
10-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Your river bet looks so weak...

Flop is good, turn is fine. River I donno, I probably don't bet here. I'd probably call a reasonable bet, given he bluffs a lot here when checked to.

mystro
10-28-2007, 09:24 PM
I agree my river bet was weak, this is a spot where I actually contradicted my own motives... I was planning to put in a blocking river bet and fold to a raise but talked myself into calling, as I seem to do way too often. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

vixticator
10-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Hmm, I think it's fine to bet this turn but better with a read or stats that he's loose-passive. Diamond flush should raise more often than not since you could pretty easily have Kd or Qd here. River is a very good card if he slowplayed or slowed down turn because of flush with two pair. You have less than PSB. Readless it's difficult to know if value shoving is good or bad. He should have Ax a lot with this line. But if he's capable of folding those and only calls with a flush then it's a clear spew.

Check/call on this board given how it went on flop/turn does not seem ideal. I don't see a push as bluffing much. So, I'd be surprised if he did have an Ace as played. Even though you bet $5. Meh. No idea how often he can bluff/shove this river with you having ~$8 behind, seems like it'd be super rare.

I'd just shove the river, this could be spewy.

members_only
10-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Turn bet is good, the hand may well get very difficult if you check, and you can get value from worse aces.

That said I would probably c/f the river (or maybe call if he bets $5 or something.) Can't imagine him betting a lot of worse hands.