PDA

View Full Version : NL50: I don't 3b JJ pre, then spike a set...

Chomp
10-28-2007, 08:50 PM
BB (main villain): 18/7/1.3, 240 hands.
CO (preflop opener): 20/8/2, a semi-reg TAGfish.

I have no reads other than those stats.

Hero playing a snug, aggro TAG game, accumalting a few chips and if anyone is paying attention I must look solid.

Would normally 3b pre, but Ama's thread was in my mind and I'd already 3b CO twice, so thought I'd flat and give up some value now in return for disguise and to mix it up.

Seems to me the key is exploiting villain's weak-passivity, such that we maximise value against <JJJ, and lose least against >JJJ. So I guess c/c, b/f, c/f, crai are all on the table.

Villain has $35 behind.

Thanks.

Converter at Talking-Poker (http://www.talking-poker.com)

Button ($53.10)
SB Hero ($86.90)
BB BB ($42.10)
UTG ($51.45)
UTG+1 ($50.65)
CO CO ($48.15)

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to 2.00</font>, 1 fold, <font color="red">Hero calls 1.75</font>, <font color="red">BB calls 1.50</font>.

Flop (6.00) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="red">Hero bets 4.75</font>, <font color="red">BB calls 4.75</font>, CO folds.

Turn (15.50) K /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero...

wingchunflush
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
I am betting again here, if you dont your setting yourself up to get bluffed here. If your setting up a bluff you have to call, so either bet or check call if the guy shoves. I prefer betting.

corsakh
10-28-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't feel like arguing, but I think preflop is really a no brainer.

3bet of course.

Ramana
10-28-2007, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel like arguing, but I think preflop is really a no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]
no brainer to raise or to just call?

I b/f turn and c/c river.

Profish2285
10-28-2007, 10:49 PM
To be honest, I think you decided to mix it up at the wrong time. If you had already 3 bet the CO twice, then now is definitely the time to do it again that you have a real hand. I am assuming CO will probably start to call you lighter and/or play back at you lighter because of how active you have been. I would save mixing it up more for a situation where you have not been as active. If you have been playing relatively tight, then a re raise will only make him fold the range you want to play against. I believe that would be the best time to get tricky and flat call, not here.