PDA

View Full Version : 50nl: AK deepstack

BoerfSt
10-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Villain is 17/10/3 over 700 hands, is a regular and plays 8 tables at the same time.
Did I play the hand wrong?
And what do we do on the river as played?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $140.95
SB: $115.55
BB: $50
UTG: $58.50
MP: $58.70
Hero (CO): $119.10

Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($20.25) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $14.50</font>, Hero calls $14.50

River: ($49.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $45</font>

Berky
10-28-2007, 07:30 PM
His flop riase seems really weak like perhaps a FD looking for a cheap turn? I raise turn and prob stack off on this turn. I dunno I play bad though.

Zaid_Ahmed
10-28-2007, 07:36 PM
call

edit: actually a raise might not be so bad. He's cold called could easily have AJ here. if he has 66 its a cooler.

edit 2: stack off on turn.

wingchunflush
10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I am stacking off on the turn here

Chomp
10-28-2007, 09:10 PM
I am not stacking off here this deep against a standard looking (if somewhat aggro) TAG reg.

TAG regs like to test cbets for sure, but this does not look like the flop to do that on. And if villain has a draw (or AJ), surely he is checking turn behind? And it's hard to imagine he thinks hero's flop action signals a hand villain can easily make fold on turn with a modest bet?

If villain is playing air, a draw or Ax here, he should move up cause that's pretty fearless.

So this deep, I probably tank/grumble/fold turn. As played, definite fold river IMO.

Thinking about donk turn. Dunno.

I also go 4BB pre.

Edit: Thought we had 1p. Meh. Still don't stack off.

bsball8806
10-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I like betting the turn. If he raises, I fold. If he calls, I c/c the river

Ra_
10-28-2007, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am stacking off on the turn here

[/ QUOTE ]
leading or c/r?

oh well...
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm bet/3betting the turn and am happy to stack off there. If he has 66 so be it.

members_only
10-28-2007, 09:50 PM
The problem is that the only better hand he is repping is 666. So if he can do this with AJ/busted fd (which I think he can) this is a call. Especially as you have somewhat under-repped your hand.

I like your turn c/c this deep.

Ramana
10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I call flop to reev turn. If we were only 100BB deep, I'm folding flop OOP, because a setmining 17/10/3 guy rarely calls the PFR w JTs or KQs, which means that his range tends to have less draws. But since we are so deep, he calls with SC's much more often. Then it's tough to fold turn, he might still let us get to SD. He bluffs river very rarely, this is a valuebet 99%.

Chomp
10-28-2007, 09:53 PM
To people saying stack off, are you aware of stack sizes?

Kasane
10-28-2007, 11:14 PM
This deep, I wouldn't eliminate JJ from villain's range. Might even be smart to flat call JJ w/position with JJ sometimes. Honestly don't know though.

If we c/r or bet/3bet turn, we're losing AJ on this board a lot of the time, and that's the only hand we beat besides a draw. I think the monster draws check behind on turn hoping to hit up to 12 outs. KQ/KJhh might be in villains range. 66 definitely is.

I've noticed that whenever truly deep, against anything but a maniac, if all the money goes in top 2pr is not going to do it 240+bb deep. With an 8tabling 17/10/3 "wait for good flop" type, I think he'd have to blow a fuse (happens) to call a crai with AJ or a draw. I assume he's not getting the odds on his draw if we c/r, but I haven't done the math.

I do know one thing, 17/10 villains are calling a lot of stuff pf that they should be raising -- including JJ.

BoerfSt
10-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks guys, I also felt I under repped my hand after the turn. I will never stack off here with these stacks.
My thinking was he would re-raise me pre flop with JJ so he must have AJ or 66, but I'm not folding here cuz he could have 66. But then again..

[ QUOTE ]

I do know one thing, 17/10 villains are calling a lot of stuff pf that they should be raising -- including JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This proves I still have alot to learn. Do we stack off ez if stacks are 50$ ?

Check_The_Nuts
10-29-2007, 11:16 AM
The problem is your line.

If I lead the turn I'd probably fold to a raise.

In fact, the more I think about it bet/fold turn is so much better than check/call. Its too hard for him to raise two pair on that turn since you could easily have AK here. Plus two buyins deep he shouldn't be stacking off with KJ or even AJ on the turn.

The more I think about it the harder this river is. He could have some combo draw that hit the turn, and two pair combo draws with the 6 being a heart are pretty rare. I'm surprised he bet so small on the turn as well, and then near potted the river.

Humm...yeah you have to bet/fold this river. There's no way he's going to pull a move there. Now your getting 2:1 on a call you shouldn't really be making if he's at all competent. From his flop+turn bet sizing he looks like a draw, but it could just as easily be 666.