PDA

View Full Version : 25nl 68s btn facing donk

vixticator
10-28-2007, 05:42 PM
No reads. Not been at table too long. He insta-potted the flop and checked turn fast. Think I have to bet the turn, maybe this is check. But, what about flop?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

CO: $24.30
Hero (BTN): $25.35
SB: $38.15
BB: $26.10
UTG: $50.45
MP: $23.55

Pre-Flop: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.10</font>, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($6.30) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.35</font>

whyzze
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
looks fine to me. were you planning on raising if he led the turn?

whyherro
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
This is probably fine - every now and then you see people that auto-pot dryish low flops oop and u basically just have to play back at them.

Nemesis69
10-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I love it. I play it the same.

vixticator
10-28-2007, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks fine to me. were you planning on raising if he led the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]Not any card, I think he has a flush on this board when he leads this turn quite a bit. If he leads to a non-Heart King I probably raise. The problem here is he might never fold a Jack so maybe raising the heart is better..? Except I think he should have a flush a good amount on a heart turn that he leads. So, I mostly fold in that instance.

anthb7210p
10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
hm, I'm usually folding this flop but that could be a leak of mine. Interesting hand. I know aba said that he always reraises donk bets against unknowns, but whenever I try that at unl I get 3bet. Maybe a lot of people at unl dont understand the concept of cbets that well yet.

Check_The_Nuts
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
turn bet looks good. Flop not so good. You need better reads of how often he's donking. I don't have a ton of experience with frequent donkbettors (Though I tend to go in raise mode if their doing it all the time).

vixticator
10-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Raising the flop turns my hand into a bluff, mostly. When he donks I think I have the best hand but little FE against anything but air, which is certainly in his donk range unknown. Against a draw or overcards, he could re-raise or shove if I 3bet and I don't want to get in a huge pot right now. Calling basically to re-evaluate turn. Doing same with QJ, btw. When he checks the heart turn I assume mostly giving up the pot or going for a CR with the nuts. If he calls this bet I am checking behind or folding river bet almost for sure.

Check_The_Nuts
10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop turns my hand into a bluff, mostly. When he donks I think I have the best hand but little FE against anything but air, which is certainly in his donk range unknown. Against a draw or overcards, he could re-raise or shove if I 3bet and I don't want to get in a huge pot right now. Calling basically to re-evaluate turn. Doing same with QJ, btw. When he checks the heart turn I assume mostly giving up the pot or going for a CR with the nuts. If he calls this bet I am checking behind or folding river bet almost for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this. I'm never too wild about calling a bet on the flop with middle pair on this board. It sets up really hard to play turns/rivers.

I meant as a general strategy to the donk bet. When they first start doing it I raise with air probably 20% of the time fwiw.

edit: and I don't like this board for a bluff raise.

Mr.o0
10-28-2007, 08:43 PM
i think this guy has a jack i his hand,probably aj, or just a middle pair.i think he is afraid of the flush und the overcard to the jack.when you think he has air or the jack i think he will fold here often enough to your turn bet to make it profitable.would be interesting to see which hand he finally had(or folded)?

vixticator
10-28-2007, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would be interesting to see which hand he finally had(or folded)?

[/ QUOTE ]He mucked turn. Just line check making sure this isn't spew. I think the fact that he insta-potted gave it away on the flop. Like, he intended to bet ATC there. Or, maybe he folded some kind of medium strength hand. No idea.

corsakh
10-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Its probably cool sometimes to autocall and autobet. But is there any logic behind your decisions? I feel like I don't see something that others do. Your hands is still spades, not hearts, correct? Spades? I am especially in awe of the flop play. Please enlighten /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bavid Denyamine
10-29-2007, 07:15 AM
light floats against donks = trouble

raise flop &gt; fold flop &gt; float flop (imo)

kroeliewoelie
10-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I am puzzled like Corsakh. You have 2PNK/ND. Which is basically junk. I think it's totally non-standard at this level to do anything but folding the flop here without at least some basic stats.

andys0506
10-29-2007, 08:49 AM
I find the flop play terrible. You either fold or hit him for a raise to $6.50. Seems to me like he could have absolutely anything.

If he then leads out turn I fold, if he checks I bet 2/3 pot and expect a fold.

Anything wrong with that approach?