PDA

View Full Version : Any way to fold flopped straight?

DonkeyDonk
10-28-2007, 05:10 AM
$0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

BB: $72.75
UTG: $30.90
Hero (MP): $22.15
CO: $41.75
BTN: $16.70
SB: $24.90

Pre-Flop: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.85) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.65</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $41.50 and is All-In</font>

CO is an ultra-agro over-bettor. Every bet he makes - literally - is either 2-4x the pot, or a ridiculous all-in overbet. His style was working though, as every one was folding to him and he was winning nearly 2 of every 3 hands.

No way to fold here, right?

orlov
10-28-2007, 05:17 AM
no just get it in and hope that no more clubs hit

PokerSoccer
10-28-2007, 05:20 AM
with the way u described villain u cant fold this

Schiester
10-28-2007, 05:28 AM
You have to call here because this villan could as often be doing this with 2pair, sets, 56, A5 (maybe A4), AcX.

I do the same thing pf alot of the time but I think there is alot to said about not going broke in an unraised pot.

In MP this really should be fold&gt;raise pf... imho.

Ender Wiggin
10-28-2007, 05:40 AM
Preflop is hideous.. never open limp. Raise or fold, I'm leaning towards folding although raising would be alright at some tables.

Gotta call flop against said villain.

Nemesis69
10-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I do not like open limping, but as played I'm getting it in and hoping no club hits.

Profish2285
10-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Next time raise or fold pre flop. With this villain you have the nuts right now, there are so many hands villain can do this with that you crush. I dont think I fold this against many villains at all.

TilTandWiN
10-28-2007, 10:25 AM
In future never open limp and always sit in with the max.

Have you seen villan show down any hands because Im sure that he will reveal a betting pattern - if he is betting 2 - 4xpot with his really strong hands then call, if the only time he shoved was when he was clearly infront I would think about folding - I know that this seems really weak but we have 3BB in this pot and that is all - if villan is going to stick arround we will easily find another way to stack him. If villan shoves randomly (as in with weak and strong) then call. (To do this just use your time bank and go over the instand hand histories).

EWW - my line feels so weak, but I just dont get what villan would make a bet like this with that isnt a flush, I guess he could easily have NFD tho. Results?

Kasane
10-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I suspect he limped because of maniac pf tendencies, and I have no problem with it. Guys, if your raise does nothing but build a pot, I don't have a problem with limp-calling with a maniac right behind me. Especially when I've got a speculative hand.

Oh, call please. No, you can't get away from it and you'll usually have villain dominated.

Antinome
10-28-2007, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suspect he limped because of maniac pf tendencies, and I have no problem with it. Guys, if your raise does nothing but build a pot, I don't have a problem with limp-calling with a maniac right behind me. Especially when I've got a speculative hand.

Oh, call please. No, you can't get away from it and you'll usually have villain dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. raising this preflop only gets you deep into a 3bet pot with a speculative hand with a bad SPR. Open limping here is the right move if you intend to play the hand.

whyherro
10-28-2007, 12:56 PM
People get over the open limp non-sense. It's a speculative hand and at this level it really doesn't matter. Its not like we have to play every hand with the aggressor initiative. On the flop he is doing this almost exclusively with his overs + FD, in which case only his flush draw is live. No one plays a made flush like this. You probably have 60+% equity. Easy call.

Ranma4703
10-28-2007, 12:59 PM
IF: The table is passive preflop
IF: People often call flop bets with speculative hands (missed overs, gut shot draws, bottom pair, top pair weak kicker) and will often call a turn bet as well
THEN: Limping preflop can be better than raising. If raising preflop isn't going to win you the blinds, and if cbetting is rarely going to take down the pot, raising preflop can be -ev. But if the table is loose and full of calling stations, then a suited connector like 56s is not worth folding preflop. So open limp if the table conditions are right.

DonkeyDonk
10-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Kasane got it right...the reason I limped PF is because the maniac was sitting to my immediate left and consistently showed a propensity to push AI overtop of a raise.

Given the maniac's tendencies, I couldn't fold. He stacked me though with Tc 5c. I know you shouldn't get your money in in an unraised pot, but I'm pretty sure the villain would play the hand the same way if there were only one club on the flop.

One rebuy and a few hands later, I limped on the button with JJ in order to set a trap. Villain complied by putting me AI from the SB (my stack was ~$24). I call, he shows Q4o and spikes a Q on the flop.

Have fun with my money, sir. &lt;Sigh...&gt;

maciczka
10-28-2007, 08:41 PM
I've got a piece of advice for You: dont make it personal, stop thinking about revenge and 'getting my money back' from that idiot. If Im against an idiot, I usually make a note on him. That's all. He will pay You, trust me - as You have that note that he's a donky. Not today, not tommorow, but he will.

corsakh
10-28-2007, 08:53 PM
How is this not locked yet?

pokerplaya5
10-28-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree that you have to get it in. Villain is crazy and probably has a random club of like A4 (no club) or two pair. So I guess there is no way I am folding.