PDA

View Full Version : AKs very drawy board, how to proceed?

Genesis
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
NL25 6max, UB

6 players
MP $25
SB (Hero) $20

Read: Been at table for couple orbits, so far I can tell he's not very loose. Last time he entered a pot preflop he raised and took it down preflop. Otherwise unknown.

Hero has A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP limps, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop ($2.45) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets $2.45, MP calls.

Turn ($7.35) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero ??

At this point I know MP has something, either a decent top pair like AQo (might have raised preflop?), a solid draw like QJ, or some 2 pair hands, maybe straight or set. The 9 doesn't really bother me, but I was really confused on how to proceed. I can see myself ahead and behind often.

Tito
10-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Bet pot on turn for tons of value and make draws expensive. Call any push and push any non-heart river. The 9 changes virtually nothing on the turn.

Jw513
10-28-2007, 01:19 AM
I bet like $5.50 and fold to any shove. If he calls, I check river.

Calling a push is bad cuz you only beat AQ which he probably would have raised preflop. If hes not loose, he can have a wide range of two pair hands that beat us.

whyherro
10-28-2007, 01:22 AM
pretty easy b/f.

Genesis
10-28-2007, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet like $5.50 and fold to any shove. If he calls, I check river.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is about what I also concluded well after playing the hand.

In the actual hand I did as another poster mentioned, pot size bet on turn and call an all-in. The board is very drawy right now so I figured I would put massive pressure on those hands and try to force them out. Problem in doing so was that I had then committed more than 50% of my stack. No chance I'm folding the turn after I put that much in and still think it's possible I am ahead of something my opponent could have or I could outdraw him with an A, K, or Q. Villain flipped over KQo and I was toast.

I think betting $5.00 on the turn is better because it still cuts down drawing odds for villain, but also gives us a chance to escape those times we are beaten. We still will be putting in around 40-45% of our stack by then, but I feel more comfortable with a fold there then after a $7.35 pot bet having about 55% of my stack in the middle.

whyzze
10-28-2007, 03:12 AM
ewwww..b/c the turn is horrible. b/f the turn for about 6, then c/c a brick river.