PDA

View Full Version : More poker EV woes, a question about variance

iheartponeez
10-27-2007, 05:52 AM
I would just like a few people to explain to me what a normal gap between BB/100 hands of sklansky bucks and of real bucks is. Right now I'm pulling about 6/100 in terms of equity, but only 2/100 in real money.

Now, if I am usually getting in ahead, then I will tend to lose while I'm ahead more often than behind (since I don't get the chance to lose while behind very often) but I don't know if my numbers are indicative of good play, cold cards, or choosing poor spots.

thac
10-27-2007, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on a PokerEV graph. The filters are pretty useful to see if you're spewing with a weak pair on the flop or you're spewing with a flush draw, but overall, the graph isn't gonna tell you very much.

bingrich
10-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Just play poker and stop looking at those graphs. The way to get better is to post hands which you do already. You can't help if you run good/bad.

iheartponeez
10-27-2007, 06:22 AM
I understand, but when over 15K hands I'm breaking even, while I'm getting in ahead over and over again, I don't know what the deal is anymore. Am I just not getting in "ahead enough?"

I'm lost as to what the hell I'm doing wrong, and why I can't consistently win, even though I consistently push my money in while favored to win.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if I'm playing the hands poorly, all I know is that I'm losing money while winning sklansky bucks, and I want someone to translate that into English for me.

thac
10-27-2007, 06:26 AM
You might just be folding in too many marginal spots. How many tables do you play and what is your W$WSF over this sample?

corsakh
10-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Stataments on 15k samplements.

iheartponeez
10-27-2007, 06:31 AM
I play 3-4 tables, and my W$WSF is about 41%.

thac
10-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Weird.. it's just a small sample size, shrug it off and don't tilt.

ronitonline
10-27-2007, 06:51 AM
You could always move down and experiment with different play, maybe somehting uw ere thinking of adjusting to.
I am moving to NL25 right now even tho my BR can be NL100 because I want to work on my game and experiment with styles / fix leaks and I feel its best to move down during this.