PDA

View Full Version : NL 20 2pair HU, River decision

Kukla
10-27-2007, 05:29 AM
Villain is 60/8/1.1 only 25 hands
He is passive and total donk. He easily may call any bet with 2-nd pair e.t.c.(earlier he call with gut shoot for 25bb) Normally he just check-call all street.
My stats in HU something above 45/35/2.5

iPoker No-Limit Texas Hold'em (NL20), $0.20 BB (2 handed) SilverKitty Hand History converter (http://www.pokeronline.com.ua/content/view/122/73/) by www.pokeronline.com.ua (http://www.pokeronline.com.ua)

BB($15.76)
Hero($27.41)

Hero: Post SB $0.10
BB: Post BB $0.20

Preflop:
Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero Call $0.1
BB Check

Flop:($0.4) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC2222">BB Bet $0.2</font>
<font color="#CC2222">Hero Raise $1.5</font>
BB Call $1.3

Turn:($3.4) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC2222">BB Bet $2</font>
<font color="#CC2222">Hero Raise $8</font>
BB Call $6

River:($19.4) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC2222">BB Allin $6.06</font>
Hero?? I have very good odds to call here, but i can t see any hand that i can beat /images/graemlins/frown.gif

thac
10-27-2007, 05:32 AM
I don't like preflop. If you want to play a hand I think you should be raising it. You want to put as much pressure on him as you can. Flop and turn play are both fine, but at the river, you only beat 87 (that is not hearts), or a weirdly played 6. You tie with any 9 with a lower kicker and lose to one with a higher kicker.

I'd probably curse a little bit and fold.

catoandtonic
10-27-2007, 05:33 AM
There is a headsup forum. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=realheadsup) I am sure that you will get better answers there. Btw, since villain is passive, I fold, but I dont ever play hu.

Kukla
10-27-2007, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally of course it s 100% raise hand from SB, but not vs this villain. He can't fold to raise any hand and at this point i think limp much better than raise.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a headsup forum. I am sure that you will get better answers there

[/ QUOTE ]
I post here, course earlier this was 6-max game /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thac
10-27-2007, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally of course it s 100% raise hand from SB, but not vs this villain. He can't fold to raise any hand and at this point i think limp much better than raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'd rather fold and wait 'til I have a more solid hand. Limping here is not giving you any initiative, nor does it tell you anything about his hand. If he doesn't fold a hand, that's what we want, you can raise this and fold postflop, but just keep the pressure on him. By limping, you're just playing a "lets see who runs hotter" game so whoever flops best wins.

Kukla
10-27-2007, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then I'd rather fold and wait 'til I have a more solid hand. Limping here is not giving you any initiative, nor does it tell you anything about his hand. If he doesn't fold a hand, that's what we want, you can raise this and fold postflop, but just keep the pressure on him. By limping, you're just playing a "lets see who runs hotter" game so whoever flops best wins

[/ QUOTE ]
But is it bad vs such villain with such stacks and with position? He easily get stacked with low pair or any draw. When i raise i just throw my money to wind course i can t bluff vs him and have not much showdown value.

thac
10-27-2007, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then I'd rather fold and wait 'til I have a more solid hand. Limping here is not giving you any initiative, nor does it tell you anything about his hand. If he doesn't fold a hand, that's what we want, you can raise this and fold postflop, but just keep the pressure on him. By limping, you're just playing a "lets see who runs hotter" game so whoever flops best wins

[/ QUOTE ]
But is it bad vs such villain with such stacks and with position? He easily get stacked with low pair or any draw. When i raise i just throw my money to wind course i can t bluff vs him and have not much showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I said you can fold it and wait for a more solid hand. Like, when you flop 654 or whatever, you still are gonna be pretty lost, even more lost because you didn't raise pre. The hand is just pretty bad and you wanna find a more solid hand.

Kukla
10-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Anyway thx for discussion i get some point from it. In this hand i fold on river and he immediately leave table.