PDA

View Full Version : 25nl- Tpwk, do I raise this turn against utg limper?

bingrich
10-27-2007, 01:25 AM
villain 28/11/3.6 36 hands

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BB: $9.75
UTG: $26.70
CO: $22.80
Hero (BTN): $27.75
SB: $28.50

Pre-Flop: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($3.85) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.85) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.50</font>, Hero ?

With his weak flop donk/call, and again weak donk on turn, should I be raising here on two straight streets w/ a decent but vulnerable hand in position? Does villain's line scream fd and therefore I should raise an idiot trying to set his own drawing price? Or should I call, not wanting to bloat the pot even more than it is and force out the hands I have beat? But if I call I'll have a tough decision on the river depending on villain's bet size. Call or raise?

bingrich
10-27-2007, 05:36 AM
*bump* one time

If I raise this turn I think I'm committed w/ a hand I don't want to marry. But I thought villain's turn donk looked so pussy that I wanted to raise. The way the hand played out I think was okay but I'd like some other opinions.

thac
10-27-2007, 05:38 AM
You can call this turn because he'll most likely bet $2 on the river. Villain is pretty loose and aggressive, so his bets really don't narrow down his range. I'd probably call any non-diamond (if he bets $2, if he bets closer to pot you can find a fold) and potentially raise a non-diamond 6 depending on his bet size.

catoandtonic
10-27-2007, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can call this turn because he'll most likely bet $2 on the river. Villain is pretty loose and aggressive, so his bets really don't narrow down his range. I'd probably call any non-diamond (if he bets $2, if he bets closer to pot you can find a fold) and potentially raise a non-diamond 6 depending on his bet size.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much nails it. You cant really raise the turn here. I think you are stuck calling and hoping for safe card. I would call most reasonable bets on river assuming a non-diamond. This is because you arent playing your hand like a strong ace, so villain may take a stab. On a diamond river, I would fold to any sizable bet.