PDA

View Full Version : NL10 - KK in 3-bet pot looking at monotone flop

ispiked
10-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Just sat down, so no reads on the villain other than that he just won a big pot where he didn't suckout or anything.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BTN: $10.50
SB: $4.70
BB: $5.95
Hero (UTG): $7.40
CO: $21.85

Pre-Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.50</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.10

<font color="blue">I guess I could have 4-bet here, but I just call.</font>

Flop: ($3.15) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="blue">My initial plan was to check-raise this guy since he was probably going to c-bet. I wasn't given the chance to do this, however, and looking back on it, I don't know how good a play check-raising here would've been...</font>

Turn: ($3.15) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="blue">Turn is non-heart, so we're probably still good. I intend on check-calling here if bet to.</font>

River: ($3.15) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $20.35 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

<font color="blue">Gah. I know I'm beat here, so I lay it down.</font>

I feel like I misplayed this somewhere, but I'm unsure of which street I should've been betting on.

P.S. This hand was immediately after I'd lost a hand and wasn't able to reload in time. I usually always play with 100BB.

bknollenberg
10-26-2007, 11:43 PM
i suggest no one respond to this obvious level.

Jw513
10-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I think I bet turn, and check/call non heart river.

apple11
10-26-2007, 11:45 PM
You pretty much misplayed this on every street but the river

ispiked
10-26-2007, 11:45 PM
As embarrassing as it may be, this is not a level.

Profish2285
10-26-2007, 11:46 PM
First of all, 4 bet pre flop. Then, bet this flop. Then, bet this turn. By that point, you should be all in so there is no decision on river.

ispiked
10-27-2007, 12:00 AM
I've started to play KK less aggressively pre-flop due to the fact that no one else I've run into at 10NL seems to like getting it in with less than AA pre-flop.

That said, I'm probably being results oriented which is causing me to lose money with KK.

So, can someone give a few scenarios where I should lay this down?

* If I get my 4-bet shoved, then I can't fold due to the "don't fold KK for 100BB rule".

* If I lead the flop after a 4-bet, I'll be left with around $3-4, which would mean I really can't fold to a raise...

* If there's an Ace on the flop, do I still bet? And again, if my bet is raised all in, am I calling?

To me, it seems like 4-betting pre-flop here makes you pot committed anyway you look at it... but I guess this isn't a bad thing? Is the consensus with KK: get it in and hope for the best?

Profish2285
10-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Yes, 4 betting commits you, and thats the point.