PDA

View Full Version : TT overpair but villain keeps betting

Noobler
10-26-2007, 04:30 PM
No reads on villain. This was my 4th hand at the table. I saw villain bet/3bet allin on earlier flop with K32 showing after minraising pre

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars (http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-PokerStars.php#converter) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($26.60)
MP ($25.10)
Hero ($26.30)
Button ($12.70)
SB ($23.95)
BB ($24.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($3.35) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.35) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero ???

wingchunflush
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Hmmm I am calling on the turn, but I am not very happy, seems with the small raise PF that this could be a big hand

fursza01
10-26-2007, 05:44 PM
With no reads I would fold it on the turn. If another blank comes and he fires again do you call? I just dont like putting myself in that situation.

Hail Eris
10-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Raise the flop. Call turn as played.

Expect to see this line from any worse overpair, 22, maybe broadway Aces.

Noobler
10-26-2007, 06:41 PM
If I call the turn what is my plan on the river?

catoandtonic
10-26-2007, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I call the turn what is my plan on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really depends on river. There is a ton of possibly dangerous cards. On most cards, I think it would be call river. On some safe cards plus a check from villain, I could see betting for value. If a 2 comes and he bets hard, fold.

TilTandWiN
10-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Raise the flop - think about the turn while you do - it makes life alot easier for you.

Kelley22
10-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I call turn and any non A or straightening river card I will call most river bets.

Noobler
10-26-2007, 07:28 PM
For those that say raise the flop. Do I make it $10? At this point I have over half my stack in so am I pot committed now?

If he pushes over me on the flop is that a call or fold?

Say he calls my flop raise and the turn card is the same and he leads, then what?

Phildo
10-26-2007, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those that say raise the flop. Do I make it $10? At this point I have over half my stack in so am I pot committed now?

If he pushes over me on the flop is that a call or fold?

I think his range is AK and all guessing h

Say he calls my flop raise and the turn card is the same and he leads, then what?

[/ QUOTE ]
So you 3-bet pre hoping to flop a set?

His range by the turn is basically all pairs JJ on down, maybe an AK that likes to double barrel.

I think you have to raise flop after 3 betting pre.

Noobler
10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
No, I did not 3bet hoping to flop a set. I wanted to isolate the villain and then I planned to cbet the flop. But once he led the flop I was a little lost. Looking back I think I should have raised the flop, but it does seem like it would commit me and I was not sure if I was ahead anymore.

I don't 3bet often preflop, but I am trying to widen my range. The result is I get put in situations that I am unfamiliar with, but still I am not sure I want to play for stacks and isn't that the result if I reraise the flop?

Sniiii
10-26-2007, 09:30 PM
If you 3bet PF here, please don't make it 1,5$. Make it 2,5$ and observe his action. Raise flop and fold to a push. If villain calls your raise on flop, bet on turn. If called, I might c/c river. Stats/reads would help alot here..

I must say though, I really hate this line. Calling turn totally immobilizes your action on river if a Ten does not drop, because you have no idea where your villain is at.

TilTandWiN
10-26-2007, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not need to make it $10 - the reason we are raising him on the flop is to find out where we stand so we can avoid a turn situation like we have (also for value alot of the time). Makeing it $7.50 or even $7.00 lets you see where you are at without costing you alot of money.

If you raise and he folds it is ok, if you raise and he calls he will check turn to you and you can value bet or check, if you check, and he fires decently at the river - fold, if not value bet or check behind, and fold to a 3bet on the flop.