PDA

View Full Version : Bet/Fold the turn better? 10nl

paoul
10-26-2007, 09:56 AM
This was like my 5th hand with this guy so no reads

this is pretty bad huh. I figured i would get most aces (AT, AJ, AQughh, AK) calling so that was my reasoning.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BB: $7.85
Hero (UTG): $10.35
BTN: $10.80
SB: $3.05

Pre-Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, BTN calls $0.35, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.20</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $1.30

Turn: ($5.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.80 and is All-In</font>

ispiked
10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Check-raising turn here is pretty spewy IMO. I don't think you have much fold equity against this guy at this point.

Given the texture of the board, check-calling the turn seems sorta bad unless he's doing this with JT or a weaker ace like you said. I think in this spot, however, most of the hands he's raising here have you beat.

That said, I probably check-call turn and check-fold river. I might even check-fold turn if I had a better read on the guy.

bsball8806
10-26-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't like the turn c/r, this turns our hand into a bluff.
I think we almost need to c/f this turn. BTN isn't doing this with a worse A. He's representing AQ, A9 or 99.

If we do put more money in the pot, I think it should be on the flop.

monkeymaps
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM
meh its not like the six on the turn changes much your wa/wb on the flop he prob isnt playing JT this agro though its possible.

I dont really like c/r on the turn but I think c/c with the intention of calling a river bet ok at 10nl I dont have too much of a problem stacking off with TPTK here cause so many people overvalue any ace in this spot. bet/fold the turn kinda sucks cause I dont think you can fold cause youll be getting decent odds to call IMO.

djj6835
10-26-2007, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check-raising turn here is pretty spewy IMO. I don't think you have much fold equity against this guy at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I hope this wasn't a bluff so this really doesn't matter. In regards to the hand I would think this is fine against a lot of players.

thoman8r
10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Does anybody like c/c the turn and block the river? I have to admit I'm sometimes lost in these spots too. Folding just seems so week when a lot of players think hands like AT and AJ is the nuts.