PDA

View Full Version : How often are these trips good?

Cell40k
10-26-2007, 04:23 AM
In unraised pot can i ever figure to have the better kicker, or should I just dump on the turn when i get check/minraised?

I have no pokertracker stats.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

CO: $2.39
BTN: $0.74
SB: $3.03
Hero (BB): $7.64
UTG: $1.91

Pre-Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.08) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.04</font>, Hero calls $0.04, 2 folds

Turn: ($0.16) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.08</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.20</font>, Hero calls $0.12

River: ($0.56) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.44</font>, Hero

Cell40k
10-26-2007, 06:16 AM
bump for a single opinion

Phildo
10-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Anyone at this level who bets out on the flop and then goes for a checkraise on the turn has no idea what he's doing. I would think the minraise was likley induced by a combination of a your weak turn bet and the fact that villain is a total donkey (although judging by your post he turned over Q better kicker). As played you have to at least call. I probably raise river.

I raise that weak flop bet.

mojed
10-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Not really sure how NL2 plays, but normally with trips and a weak kicker in an unraised (preflop) pot, I'm not looking to play a big pot. If villain calls a big bet, he's saying "yes i see there are two QQs on the board and I don't care". If the pot ends up big, you're likely against a higher kicker or a boat.

If it weren't NL 2, I would muck river. Probably muck anyway. Too tight for nanostakes?

kroeliewoelie
10-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Well I think by raising the flop you can keep the pot reasonably small. His bet is weak and looks an automatic bet that I see a lot. You have a good but not great hand. There aren't many cards that will help you, so taking the pot down on the flop is a good idea. If you are called, check behind turn (to avoid c/r) and call any bet up to half the pot on the river IMO.