PDA

View Full Version : 50NL JJ facing resistance

Milky
10-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Villain in this hand is 33/9/1 over 50 or so hands. No real reads that I can recall. I had been pretty aggressive for a while and had built up a decent stack.

I'm not sure I played this hand that well. I called flop because I thought he had TP or some kind of PP and didn't want to blow him off his hand. I'm thinking I should have 3bet flop though... what do you think? Also, as played do you push turn?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BB: $52.45
UTG: $34.25
Hero (MP): $134.15
CO: $60.65
BTN: $38.40
SB: $101.55

Pre-Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $5.50

Turn: ($22.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $10</font>, Hero?

doppelganger
10-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Well, 50 hands isn't much but is probably enough to give you a picture of his general PF standards. The board is pretty wet, but I suspect he's not the type to be checkraising w/ a draw.

TT, 77, and 22 are certainly the kind of hands this type of player will coldcall w/ from the BB and most players would c/r the flop with them.

Really you're only beating AT and a flush draw and I'm not sure they play the flop this way. Against a more aggressive player who I have a better read on I would consider a 3bet, but against a mostly unknown I would probably try to get to showdown cheaply.

The turn is a really tough spot IMO. Feels like we're on a ride to value town, but I don't think I can find a fold yet. Call and reevaluate river I guess. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Milky
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Hmm I wish I remember what his "fold to cbet" was... IIRC it wasn't that high of a percentage but I really don't remember. Probably affected the way I played the hand though.

I think you're right about calling the turn though. If he has a set we have outs and if he has a flush we *might* have outs, plus we're getting decent odds and we're IP.