PDA

View Full Version : 30NL: Deep, AA UTG Multiway...

Snafu'd
10-26-2007, 01:36 AM
...and I've basically turned my hand face up.

Stat read only on the guy - 26/12/5 171 hands.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.15/$0.30 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $12.90
BB: $35.85
Hero (UTG): $59.55
MP: $59.75
CO: $61.45
BTN: $60.15

Pre-Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.05</font>, MP calls $1.05, CO calls $1.05, BTN calls $1.05, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($5.40) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.40</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $16.20</font>, 2 folds, <font color="blue"> Hero? </font>

oli1980
10-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Normally I would say call and c / rai turn but I don't know if that applies to two stacks.

Woody317
10-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Unless I've seen him shove VERY thin and think he's a monkey i'm dumping it quick.

I think this is a set almost always. Also raise a little more preflop. If it's a really loose passive table you can probly afford to raise up to 5BB even

john voight
10-26-2007, 06:48 AM
how is your hand face up?

I'd prolly repop.
Folding is prolly best play though.
Really depends if villain does this w/ AJ/FD or not. All it comes down to bascialy IMO.

Who is villain BTW?
If it is pestilence (or something like that) i would insta much here. I think his stats are similar to the ones you listed.

Phildo
10-26-2007, 07:00 AM
I fail to see how you've turned your hand faceup.
[ QUOTE ]
Unless I've seen him shove VERY thin and think he's a monkey i'm dumping it quick.

I think this is a set almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, really? Villain has an aggression factor of 5. He could be raising all kinds of crazy [censored] here.

Snafu'd
10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how is your hand face up?

I'd prolly repop.
Folding is prolly best play though.
Really depends if villain does this w/ AJ/FD or not. All it comes down to bascialy IMO.

Who is villain BTW?
If it is pestilence (or something like that) i would insta much here. I think his stats are similar to the ones you listed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain was benlewaph465. You don't think I've very well defined my hand at this point? I raised UTG and then lead into 5 players for a psb and he throws in a 3x raise with two players left to act behind him. It's not like I'm leading with AKo here. So you play for stacks in this spot?

I couldn't agree with you more with having to know my opponent here - the problem is I don't. These are mined stats and this is the first hand I've played with him.

RunDownHouse
10-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I think you define your hand much more clearly if you just call him. You could be leading with AK hearts, other flush draws, AJ, even something like TT/JT, etc. If you call, you're saying you've either got a FD and want the turn or you aren't scared of a J.

It just seems like he could be raising you with lots of stuff you're beating, but I wouldn't expect to get action from any of it on the turn unless it went from behind to ahead.

Milky
10-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm at work but can someone stove villain's range? I'm thinking its something like:

AJs,AJo,45/images/graemlins/heart.gif,22,33 and MAYBE JJ but he probably 3bets pf.

Snafu'd
10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm at work but can someone stove villain's range? I'm thinking its something like:

AJs,AJo,45/images/graemlins/heart.gif,22,33 and MAYBE JJ but he probably 3bets pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
I discounted one combo of JJ.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

14,850 games 0.005 secs 2,970,000 games/sec

Board: Jh 3s 2h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 52.906% 52.61% 00.30% 7812 44.50 { JcJs, JdJs, 33-22, AJs, 5h4h, AJo }
Hand 1: 47.094% 46.79% 00.30% 6949 44.50 { AdAh }

If he's capable of doing this with only AJ or sets.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

14,850 games 0.005 secs 2,970,000 games/sec

Board: Jh 3s 2h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 55.613% 55.31% 00.30% 8214 44.50 { JJ, 33-22, AJs, AJo }
Hand 1: 44.387% 44.09% 00.30% 6547 44.50 { AdAh }

Snafu'd
10-26-2007, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you define your hand much more clearly if you just call him. You could be leading with AK hearts, other flush draws, AJ, even something like TT/JT, etc. If you call, you're saying you've either got a FD and want the turn or you aren't scared of a J.

It just seems like he could be raising you with lots of stuff you're beating, but I wouldn't expect to get action from any of it on the turn unless it went from behind to ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you like call and crai any non J turn?

ama0330
10-26-2007, 11:59 AM
omfg you fold??? are you insane?? if you want to fold here then dont bet, its that simple. c/c is fine on this flop. As played, I would at least call here, I dont really like a shove so i would probably call and commit myself on a safe turn and dump a /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn. No WAY would I fold here, that is soooo exploitable.

Also, if you are not happy losing 200bb on a safe turn when you know you are ahead of villains range, you shouldnt really be playing deep tables.

Snafu'd
10-26-2007, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omfg you fold??? are you insane?? if you want to fold here then dont bet, its that simple. c/c is fine on this flop. As played, I would at least call here, I dont really like a shove so i would probably call and commit myself on a safe turn and dump a /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn. No WAY would I fold here, that is soooo exploitable.

Also, if you are not happy losing 200bb on a safe turn when you know you are ahead of villains range, you shouldnt really be playing deep tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you saying you fold a /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn depends a lot on villain's bet size, but you do realize I have the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif right?

Milky
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ama you're only folding a /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn if he makes a big bet right? Considering we have the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif... Do you normally c/c flop here against this many villains? I think b/c is much better.

HighOctane
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
I would fold here. You will be all-in by the end if you don't. You have only invested 21bb pr so with another 175 behind. I don't think you played your hand face-up, but if you move in, he will know you have overpair and his decision will be easy. He either stacks you or folds.