PDA

View Full Version : odds to continue NL 25

werero
10-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Villain is unknown.

What should my default line be here on the flop? I can see pros and cons with all 3 options on the flop. Do I have odds to continue?

Stack sizes:
Hero: $30.20
CO: $28.20
Button: $17.05
SB: $24.40
BB: $10.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero raises to $0.85, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.8, 2 players)
BB bets $1.8, Hero ?

Later in the hand I chooses to call the flop and when the turn was an Ah I thought it was a good card for me to represent so I raised. Good or bad?

doppelganger
10-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Generally when an unknown donkbets into me after a PF raise I will raise the flop bet immediately if I have any kind of hand or draw.

In this case you have a good situation for this, w/ an OE straight draw, 2 overs, and a scary flush draw possibility on the board that most villains will not want to tangle with.

Of course, the drawback is if he 3bets you don't know if he's got a set or a flush draw which makes it hairy. Depending on the size of his 3bet I'll try to make a quick decision about whether to continue or not, usually folding. Most times though, you'll pick up the pot on the flop.

Edit: Also, fold this PF most of the time from UTG.