PDA

View Full Version : QQ flops a boat, best way to extract?

STARSCREAM.
10-26-2007, 01:13 AM
I havn't been at the table too long here, I should be viewed as a tag playing around 18/16/5 to villian(s) in the hand.

In retrospect I realize I should have made my turn bet a little larger, but the main question here is about the river bet. My logic was to bet smaller than normal for two reasons: If he hit his flush, he can raise me all in, and if he has Qx, he'll still be able to call my bet, and I guess he could potentially try to bluf and rep the flush, small chance but still possible.

Does anybody just bet bigger on this river?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker (http://www.legopoker.com)Hand History Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

BB: $19.70
Hero (UTG): $69.25
CO: $53
BTN: $67.80
SB: $16.75

Pre-Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($6.50) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, CO calls $4, SB folds

Turn: ($14.50) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, CO calls $8

River: ($30.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>

NL Newbie
10-26-2007, 01:19 AM
From what ive seen at FTP, i bet hard here - like....25.

GUys at FTP dont go nuts without nut FD in my experience.

To bet the river small to induce bluff, id need a read(Youve not supplied one, so im guessing hes unknown).

STARSCREAM.
10-26-2007, 01:21 AM
I think a bluff is a small % of his range here if he raises the river, but it is possible.

The small river bet is to more or less give him some room to raise me if he hit his flush, and he'll still call with Qx, where as if I bet 25, he folds many Qx hands (if not all). Never bluffs, and only calls with a flush.

Shaqalicious
10-26-2007, 01:22 AM
if you're going to bet the river, bet large. 2/3 pot.

that river card is a nice spot for a CRAI if you have any inkling that villain is aggressive on the river.

NL Newbie
10-26-2007, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a bluff is a small % of his range here if he raises the river, but it is possible.

The small river bet is to more or less give him some room to raise me if he hit his flush, and he'll still call with Qx, where as if I bet 25, he folds many Qx hands (if not all). Never bluffs, and only calls with a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i understand your arguement, but i think he's strong here.

FD(non nut) may not shove to $12 bet.
Very few hands will bluff here to rep the FD,
Qx prob calls if he calls river if he thinks ur bluffing,
$12 looks like a value bet, $25 looks more bluffy(See above),
9x/FD are a massivepartof his range which will call more than riase this river.

Im not bothered about extracting a bit from weak hands, i want max from hands that are hard to fold.

CR if you want FD/JT/9x to value bet/bluff.
$12 is like a blocker.