PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Two Pair on drawy board

mystro
10-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Button is playing 45/15. I've seen button do a very similar play with a draw before in late position, and button appears generally agressive with its' draws

nevertheless, the 8 completes/helps many hands, thoughts?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt (http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-FullTilt.php#converter) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($20.20)
MP ($27.80)
Button ($31.25)
SB ($76.25)
Hero ($32.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, UTG calls $1, Button calls $1, SB folds.

Turn: ($4) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $16</font>, Hero...

KRE8R
10-26-2007, 01:24 AM
He could be doing this with QJ as well. This is a tough one.

NL Newbie
10-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Bottom two just went behind, if he has a draw why is he waiting for turn?

IMO this is T9 LOADS or a slowplayed QJ(which is eww imo).

if turn was a spade, perhaps we can consider calling more often. #

Can you show us the previous hand where he did this with a draw, this is sooooo important.

doppelganger
10-26-2007, 01:42 AM
I agree w/ NL Newbie, we'd need to know what types of draws he'll get aggressive with. The only reasonable draws here are A8s, Q9 and QT and this sure feels like a hand that just caught up to me, or a slowplayed QJ that suddenly realizes it's vulnerable to draws. I think I'd fold.

Scapegote
10-26-2007, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only reasonable draws here are A8s, Q9 and QT

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are these the only reasonable draws, I would think he could have any number of draws with his stats. Any flush draw, KT, etc. I do agree that him popping the turn makes me think any draw he had was improved by that 8 somehow, but if he's done something similar before on a pure draw, he could be doing so now as well. On the other hand he could be slowplaying a set or QJ.

Anyway, I fold, I can't imagine I'm ahead &gt;50% of the time here, even if we are ahead he's likely got decent draws with any hand he shows here. I fold and wait for a better spot.

doppelganger
10-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I meant those are the only draws that have suddenly appeared on the turn. Of course he could have a FD, but people who like to be aggressive w/ FD's will generally do so on the flop, no?

In any case, the board is pretty ugly now and I don't think we can stand the heat. I agree w/ your fold.

Scapegote
10-26-2007, 03:36 AM
Yeah, I wrote my whole post and then realized what you meant. Shoulda probably edited it more, I really think this is an easy fold, I know when I'm playing my biggest tilt tendency is to overthink spots like this and start realizing all the hands that he could possibly have that I beat, then I call. Instead of honestly looking at a range of hands and realizing I'm behind most.

If he's gonna make plays like this, you'll make plenty of money of him in the right spots.